Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

MBC required - My HKS EVC solenoid busted!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:09 AM
ozzie951
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBC required - My HKS EVC solenoid busted!

G'day from downunder. Just got my 951 back from an engine rebuild (including the installation of a Lindsey DP Wastegate)... thanks Sean and Bruce! Car runs just fine... EXCEPT... now I have sooo much boost its rediculous! Actually... I think the HKS EVC IV solenoid is busted and not opening the wastegate. Hence, I'm distraught as this means I have to spend mega bucks to get it replaced. Alternately, I was thinking I can get away with it cheap by buying a MBC. Are they all the same? Or are some better than others? What brand should I buy? Advice much appreciated.

Oh... and if someone has a HKS EVC III or IV solenoid they want to get rid of.... give me a price!

Just FYI, I've tried all the different settings on the HKS (including reset switch on back etc) and had all the hoses double checked... I'm pretty sure its the solenoid.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you hear the solenoid clicking at all when turned on?

Sam
Old 10-05-2005, 05:49 AM
ozzie951
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup... she clicks. The boost readout on the HKS seems to read fine. The wastegate just doesn't want to open. Was thinking about just buying a MBC... even just to test the bugger. I'm guessing all MBC's are pretty much the same... a simple ball and spring right ? With a little twist on top?

Quick Reply: MBC required - My HKS EVC solenoid busted!