Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

boost guage install

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 10:34 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost guage install

alright, got my boost guage, sans instructions, hoses, clamp for the hose, and light...now...the good news...I have it and if done right can at least get my car running...so, what size hose should I use, and where do I splice the hose to fit this in there?
Old 09-24-2005, 10:42 PM
silverbullet
Pro

You need to get a tee fitting and tie it into the KLR line under the passenger footwell. The line that came with the gauge should be the same size as the KLR line.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:48 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

no line came with the gauge...
Old 09-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Charlotte944
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blood:

I going with some blue silicone hose that I have left over from a Lindsey Racing hose kit, and I'm going to tap into the vacuum line that feeds the FPR. The Lindsey kits come with some nice metal 'T's, and for $30.00 you can't beat the price. To keep the lines in place just use some small nylon tie wraps.

For routing I'm going to bore a hole in the gromet for the positive battery cables, and then feed the hose through the gromet for the factory alarm horn (look for a small balck plug at the rear of the battery box). From there the line will run through the dash to the A-Pillar. The gage will be mounted in a LoTec Pillar Pod along with an LED A/F gage.

For lighting I'm going to tap into the dash lights, probably close to the light for the center dash vent control.

I guess maybe I should take some pictures, huh?
Old 09-24-2005, 10:50 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

i've got the lindsey hose kit, got some left over, no t's though. Okay, it didn't come with the big white thing that the hose plugs into...any other way to get it to fit on here?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:38 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Many automotive parts stores sell 1/8" nylon tube (rather hard but flexible) which is what your kit would have come with. If you tap the KLR line, you'll need a rubber tee that you can slice the tube into (the KLR line is 1/8" nylon as well). The two halves of the KLR line will slide into the top of the T while your boost line will slide into perpendicular branch. Use small zip-ties to secure.

Do not try to use the plastic 'T' that hoses fit over. The nylon hose is rigid and will not fit over the plastic or brass 'T's.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:55 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Does your intake manifold have two banjo bolt fittings on it (a long one and a short one)? Mine did so I just bought a second longer banjo bolt and fitting and replaced the short one to give me extra room for another vacuum line. Just a suggestion.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:06 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

I rigged it up good! What I did was buy a 1/8 72" length of nylon hose...got it on the back of the guage, then cut the line going to the klr. After I cut the line, I realized that the hose was not a 1/8...i guess someone replaced it. So, i took the old vac lines, with the rubber t, and slid teh old line into the new lindsey hoses I bought. I then slid the lines from the klr into the vac lines, which fit perfectly. Then, I put the line from the gauge into the last hole on teh rubber t, and voila....it works!

Now, I need to get this hose of the damn wastegate so I can run it up to my boost controller. Car will then be driveable!!!

Quick Reply: boost guage install