Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Fun with a Murcielago...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:44 PM
rocket951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun with a Murcielago...

Okay. I am on the way home from a short day of work, in the 951, and I decide to take a detour on a couple of curvy mountain roads. For you locals, Deer Creek Canyon to Conifer via a side road at Philipsburg. Anyway, the roads are practically deserted, the day is absolutely beautiful and I quickly find myself in Conifer, grinning from ear to ear. From here the trip home is all 4 lane divided, limited access.

I am just cruising along on SH285, not in a real hurry, until I spy a sports car of some kind about a half mile ahead of me. It looked exotic so I sped up to get a better look and to see if he wanted to play. I had to hurry because we were approaching a nice mile-long section of twisties and I wanted to see if I could hang with this guy, he was passing traffic at a pretty rapid rate.

I caught him right after the first corner but only because there was traffic holding him up. Sure enough, it was a brand new Lamborghini Murcielago, burgundy in color, still has temporary registration on it. This car looked amazing from my vantage point; it looked all of 3 feet high with about 6 feet of tire spanning the width of the rear and there were two chrome exhaust tips the size of cannons pointed at me from between those two enormous tires. But I digress...

So he sees me trying to hang with him around some of these corners and he starts to open it up. I did all right until we came to the last corner, which is a lazy lefthander that dumps onto a nice downhill straight. I figured he would try to lose me here and he pretty much did. Lets just say the speeds got out of my comfort zone really fast. It was pretty stinkin cool to watch him accelerate away from me like that as I was well into triple digits myself. I backed way off and let him go, albeit quickly, down the road.

I ended up behind him on the bypass around town, we just cruised along until he would decide to liven things up with instant acceleration and I would do my best to hang on to his tail, to a point. His comfort level must be alot higher than mine. I never did see the front of the car, but thats okay.

And in case any of you are keeping track ( I know I am...) , yes, this was my second play session with a Lambo in the past year or so. I really need to make this car faster...

Rodney

Quick Reply: Fun with a Murcielago...