Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Is it worth that much?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 03:40 PM
jy951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ951
Later generations are not any better sadly! I ended up have them cut out and matted to the stock metal cover. Not cheap, but the fitment was so bad I had to.
That's a neat mod (modding Lindsey's mod - lol!).

I will probably do the same thing. Lucky for me, when I had the car re-painted, the body shop painted the Lindsey headlight cover and re-painted the OEM cover at the same time. So, there is a color match between the two. I will have the NACA ducts "matted" to my OEM headlight cover too.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:48 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jy951
That's a neat mod (modding Lindsey's mod - lol!).

I will probably do the same thing. Lucky for me, when I had the car re-painted, the body shop painted the Lindsey headlight cover and re-painted the OEM cover at the same time. So, there is a color match between the two. I will have the NACA ducts "matted" to my OEM headlight cover too.
I started a tread on it so you can see how it turned out... let me know if you cant find it and I will bump it.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:09 PM
jy951
Instructor

Originally Posted by NZ951
I started a tread on it so you can see how it turned out... let me know if you cant find it and I will bump it.
can u send me a link to that thread? I haven't seen it.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:09 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by jy951
Hey!

Thanks for sigs - I like them!

In fact, I need something similar for my Y2K Audi S4 (Biturbo).

Did u use photoshop?
Sorry for the hijack Lart951

Yes photoshop7.
Send me what you need for the Audi testarossatd@gmail.com
(engine shots are really nice)
Old 09-23-2005, 07:35 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Lart, Jeremy is right about that car. It's been around for more than 5 or 6 years now. I've seen it in person at Chris' shop and it is a great race car but not a great street car. Takes a bit to get going. I caught it getting on an entrance ramp onto the 10 freeway in Phoenix. By the time it kicked in after the lag I was so far ahead of him I had to brake hard to let him catch up. After it spools it's relatively perky as it had a real hard time keeping up. The person who has or had the car also emailed every single person that bid on my car stating they could have that one for a hell of a lot less than mine. He priced it at 35k then. That was last April or May. Jerk. Offer less like Jeremy said. I bet he'll bite. I just don't thing you'd be happy with it. Sorry about your car.On another note, I probably think my car is more special than it is because it's mine but I got a high bid of $46,000 dollars early this year without even getting into details on what's been done to it. Done right by the right builder, our cars can get a pretty penny. If I go to the auction in Scottsdale again this year, I guarantee I'll get more.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:45 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GT25 compressor - and he says its the fastest
That is some funny stuff!!!!!

450 crank HP turbo - and he ain't getting anywhere NEAR all of it. He is lucky to put 330 RWHP. ****ing joke.
Ted would have to give him a 30 second head start with stage 2.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:14 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Lart, Jeremy is right about that car. It's been around for more than 5 or 6 years now. I've seen it in person at Chris' shop and it is a great race car but not a great street car. Takes a bit to get going. I caught it getting on an entrance ramp onto the 10 freeway in Phoenix. By the time it kicked in after the lag I was so far ahead of him I had to brake hard to let him catch up. After it spools it's relatively perky as it had a real hard time keeping up. The person who has or had the car also emailed every single person that bid on my car stating they could have that one for a hell of a lot less than mine. He priced it at 35k then. That was last April or May. Jerk. Offer less like Jeremy said. I bet he'll bite. I just don't thing you'd be happy with it. Sorry about your car.On another note, I probably think my car is more special than it is because it's mine but I got a high bid of $46,000 dollars early this year without even getting into details on what's been done to it. Done right by the right builder, our cars can get a pretty penny. If I go to the auction in Scottsdale again this year, I guarantee I'll get more.
I was about to buy a similar car 2 or 3 years ago is it the same check the pictures:
Attached Images    
Old 09-24-2005, 03:44 PM
booster
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just curious about the damage to the car, in the pics. it showes only rear damage and broken hatch are there any other damaged areas? A good doner rear and a good body man could easly fix the damage in the pic. I an not in Cali. but I know of four good 44's in junkyards here in Western N.C., surly there would be mor in your area. Just my .02.

Quick Reply: Is it worth that much?