Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

ignition x relay ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:37 PM
ian kam
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ignition x relay ???

What does this relay do exactly...After everything I have done my car still is not runnning well. I took this relay out and it makes a rattle when a shake it. Does not sound healthy. If this relay where bad what symptoms would i have?? I think the car is stuck in closed loop also could this do this ?? Car is running very rich.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to learn about this one the hard way. Some 944 thief stole it from my car. Basically it powers all the things that shut off while you are cranking the engine, like the blower motor, windows etc... I had no clue it existed until my car started having all these weird problems which I traced back to the ignition switch. If my memory serves me correctly I think the only place it's mentioned is in the wiring diagram for the fuse panel. All other diagrams just say ignition switch.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:40 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Ian, make sure you fuel pressure is set at 3bar... If you think the car is stuck in closed loop, and this is causing it to run rich. Disconnect the O2 sensor and notice any change... If that clears the problem, then you need a new O2 sensor..
With the SMT6 you should be able to lean the mixture enough to stall it... The chip you have is designed to run rich at the top end (WOT).. and you will have to lean it... The SMT map I sent you, should be dead on AFR wise...
Old 09-13-2005, 02:02 AM
Maciek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ian, I am nearly certain (99%) that the ingition relay is the same as several other relays in the car. It has a 53 on the top. My relay for the foglights was the same as the one for the ignition. After tearing apart half the dash and my fuse box I realized that my gauge problem was a bad ignition relay. Swapped it for the foglights and it works perfectly. I got a new relay for like $7 on Friday. Swap them out and see if anything changes.

Quick Reply: ignition x relay ???