Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Hurricanes Ivan, Dennis and Katrina damage is forcing me to sell my baby.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Ken From KLA Industries
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricanes Ivan, Dennis and Katrina damage is forcing me to sell my baby.

Hurricanes Ivan, Dennis and Katrina damage is forcing me to sell my baby. I have been knocked out of my house 3 times (Ivan 9 months, Dennis 4 weeks and Katrina 3 weeks) and have been in it for 3 months in the last 12 so finances demand that I sell my baby.
FOR SALE 1986 951 (944 Turbo) with 95K miles. Over the last 3 years I have prepped the car to be as near perfect as possible. It is silver with black interior and polished rim fukes. In the last 3000 miles the
car has had a new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, Transaxle services, C.V. joints checked and greased, all belts, and rollers replaced, the the engine was resealed, The car has KLA non-coil-over rear 12 point adjustable shocks, KLA camber truss brace, new stereo with power booster and KLA hidden sub woofer and an adjustable boost ****. It has a premium 2-way paging alarm system and keyless locks. Every clip, button, light etc. Has been checked and repaired as needed. The only thing that needs attention is the contacts in the turn signal cluster to run the windshield washer need to be cleaned. It also has a new windshield washer pump that is not installed.

This is a 9 of 10-point car. It is fast and yet beautiful. You can own the “SILVER BULLET” for $10,000.00. It is located in Pensacola Florida. Pictures will be available through e-mail. Call me at 850-968 1212 home 850-968-0807 work 918-830-5648 cell. I have afull list of everthing ai have done to the car.

Ken
Old 09-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken, send me some pics and spreadsheet, I have a buddy who has money waiting in his pockets. He is looking at a car in Austin TX, his home town today, but he said anything from AZ to FL. blpski@yahoo.com

How is Julies car? Hopefully the rest of the hurricane season will be a quiet one.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Ken From KLA Industries
Instructor

Bret,

It is good to hear from you. I had all of the cars stored so they are ok. Sean and Tom had this car for months fixing everything. I'll send Pics and a full list of everything that Sean did. I gave the car to him for 3 months to drive and fix anything he found.

It will be tomorrow afternoon until i get you somthing.

ken
Old 09-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Ken From KLA Industries
Instructor

I bought the cat in 2002 and started bringing it back to a near perfect car. With any car I buy I start by changing the parts that take the normal wear, and also fix or replace anything else I find wrong. The car has 97K original miles. The following is a list of the work on the car so far.

1. Install “CUP” software
2. Install boos enhancer
3. Install 2 door lock arms
4. Install 2 electrical lock micro switches
5. Install premium 2-way-paging alarm with remote entry
6. Install Fosgate Amp and Wiring
7. Install Pioneer stereo head
8. Install Pioneer 4X6 door speakers
9. Install Punch 8” sub speaker and hidden enclosure
10. Install water pump (with all new hardware)
11. Install thermostat and antifreeze
12. Install timing belt
13. Install balance shaft belt
14. Install all new rollers
15. Reseal front of the engine
16. Oil change
17. Install new spark plugs
18. Install new front sway bar bushings
19. Install front brake pads
20. Install Sachs clutch dist,
21. Install new Pivot bearing guide
22. Install new pivot bearing
23. Install refaced pressure plate
24. Install clutch slave cylinder
25. Flush and fill transaxle
26. Flush brake fluid
27. Reseal the rear hatch
28. Install new hot water valve
29. Install 2 new cooling hoses
30. Install 2 reference sensors
31. Purchase washer fluid pump
32. Remove, clean and service halve shafts
33. Install KLA Industries Camber truss (powder coat ends silver)
34. Install KLA Industries 12 point adjustable rear (non-coil over) shocks.
35. Install externally adjustable boost ****.
36. Install new Battery in 2005

My still to do list:

The car has 97K miles and has cup software and an externally adjustable boost ****. IT NEEDS TO HAVE A METAL HIGH PERFORMANCE HEAD GASKET INSTALLED TO TAKE THE PRESSURE!

1. High performance head gasket
2. Shift boot replaced
3. Drivers seat bolster needs to be re-dyed
4. The car has a scuff in the clear cote on the rubber (front passenger side) that needs clear coat touch up.
The car has been driven less than 500 miles in the last 18 months. I have take quite a bit of damage from Ivan, Dennis and Katrina that require $$ to fix. Otherwise, it would be ALL MINE!!!!

Quick Reply: Hurricanes Ivan, Dennis and Katrina damage is forcing me to sell my baby.