Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Motive Power Bleeder/brake bleeding question

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005 | 06:29 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Default Motive Power Bleeder/brake bleeding question

A general type question for the infinite wisdom on the 'list. I have a Motive Power Bleeder that I've used with the Super Blue brake fluid on my Porsche. Now I'm doing some long over-due maintenance/tune-up stuff to an older Acura Integra we have to get it back in sound mechanical shape again (it gets 28mpg in town with the A/C on). It's got ~135K miles on it and I want to change out the brake fluid as part of the maintenance. I'd like to use the Motive Power Bleeder, but it still has a little Super Blue brake fluid in it. I don't want to use the Super Blue in the Acura - which leads to my question:

Is there a good way to wash out/clean out the Motive Power Bleeder when using it on different cars with different types of brake fluid? If so, how, and what to use to clean it out?

Or, do I want one Power Bleeder for my Porsche (Super Blue) and a different one for my other cars (DOT-3/4 brake fluid)?

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 09-10-2005 | 07:16 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

I usually just drain as much as i can and then stuff in some paper towels and use a screw driver to wipe it up in there. Pull out the towels with screw driver and put some more towels in and do it again.
Old 09-10-2005 | 07:17 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Brake clean will do the trick or acetone. Both will remove any and all brake fluid and dry clean with no residue.

Has the blue stuff been sitting in there for awhile..open to air? If it has then you should dispose of it. If it's been sealed then personally I wouldn't worry about it. Just add the brake fluid you want to use for the Acura and go to town. The only concern I might have is mixing synthetic brake fluid with non-synthetic.

Backyard advice from your truly but I'm sure they're are brake gurus that will set me straight if I'm off base.
Old 09-11-2005 | 09:24 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the ideas, guys. I'll probably do both!!

Quick Reply: Motive Power Bleeder/brake bleeding question