Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone have the SPEC clutch installed???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 01:44 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pole position
Sonny , you have never ever seen a spec clutch , period. So whenever you actually USE one let us know of your findings , I heard , read or been told does not count.
On the other hand, I would never doubt your credentials when it comes to sheep.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:12 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have used two Spec clutches, one in my Skyline, and another in an S13. Both were in the car when I got it. I have not used one in a 944 Turbo, because I would not put one in, I went with a KEP pressure plate, and cup disk.

Did you want to post your apology publicly or in a PM to me Pole?

And I am not an expert in sheep, I am an expert in production heuristics and scheduling algorithms, at least thats what my PhD is in...

Last edited by NZ951; 08-27-2005 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:25 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pole position, I have warned you once about your comments on this board. I think it would be best if you stayed over in the 911 section, unless you actually have something of value to add. This is now your second warning.

NZ, good call on deleting that post! Another good call would be taking that line out of your signature!

Now, let's get this thread back on topic. . . . . . . okay?
Old 08-29-2005, 11:30 AM
littlejt1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awwww, and I was going to watch the fireworks. NZ that was funny man!

Anyway, again I appreciate all the advice...I have decided to go with the SPEC Stage I...most of you said you exp. chatter more with the II, and III, and I have no desire (at least not yet...lol) to go over 300hp.

I got a great deal...thanks again John...and I'll let everyone know after Red1 helps me get the dman thing installed...
Old 08-29-2005, 02:13 PM
ninefiveone
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Jeff - A late bit of advice but something to consider. After my experience with the SPEC clutch and looking at the experiences of various others with the Cup clutch, centerforce, etc...

The only clutch solution that (as far as I've seen) has always satisfied people are the ones Markus Blaszak sells. His price is also competitive with any clutch you might buy but he'll put together one specifically for your goals that delivers on oem drivability and will handle whatever power you specify.

He's on the email list frequently but rarely on the web boards. Very well known in the PCA club racing circles. Give him a call.

http://www.blaszakprecision.com/
Old 08-29-2005, 03:33 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wait for a few weeks, you will have a lot of desire for more power... Its a drug, some do crack, others do P, we do HP

Quick Reply: Anyone have the SPEC clutch installed???