Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I believe there is a GOD.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005 | 03:15 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

I have Pauerman's lines. They are a bit more expensive but def. worth it IMHO.
Old 08-25-2005 | 03:22 PM
special tool
Banned

Eddie - that was a quote from lart.
Old 08-25-2005 | 03:25 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Lart: For installing the lines, you need to cut the crimp off and slip on the new hoses, you use the supplied hose clamps to hold the new hoses in place, since you removed the crimps.

I have the rennbay fuel lines, since i am not a SS fan. I can actually hold the lines with the engine hot and not burn myself, meaning the hoses are actually running much cooler (they are high temp. racing lines click here )
Old 08-25-2005 | 03:25 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

I replaced mine with stock ones. I prefer non-braided because you can see if the rubber is cracking or deteriorating, not that I expect it to for quite a few years.

I also prefer the look of stock ones, and have to wonder if the steel doesn't absorb more heat than the rubber just because it's higher mass.
Old 08-25-2005 | 03:31 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Peckster
I replaced mine with stock ones. I prefer non-braided because you can see if the rubber is cracking or deteriorating, not that I expect it to for quite a few years.

I also prefer the look of stock ones, and have to wonder if the steel doesn't absorb more heat than the rubber just because it's higher mass.

If I were to do it again, I would just buy the stock rubber ones...because of the price. Then I would wrap them in the fire sleeve that I have around my one SS line. Would save me some money. And when I cover the SS line with fire sleeve it kills the bling factor.
Old 08-25-2005 | 03:33 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Eddie - that was a quote from lart.
I know, I was just confirming your comment of
Old 08-25-2005 | 03:55 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey guys, now that my name has been beaten to ****, here’s the story on the fuel lines. About 8 of the local guys wanted sets and didn’t want to go through the usual sources for personal reasons so I built 10 sets and they’re all gone at this point. AZMI took the last of them. Now I’ve had a few more local guys ask me for some so I may pick up some more. If you are willing to wait for me to take my sweet *** time to do them I’ll build you a set as well. I really just do this for the local guys but will make some extra if you’re willing to wait. The components are identical to all of the other sources out there. If you’re fuel lines are in rough shape please don’t wait and pick up a set from Pauerman or Lindsey as they are the best solution on the market. If your lines are in good shape and you want to save $50 or $60 just let me know and I’ll build you a set when I do the next run. I don’t expect to have the time to put them together for at least a month.
Old 08-25-2005 | 04:17 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Jeremy, I am sorry for spelling your last name wrong. Anyway how much for the braided lines set?
Old 08-25-2005 | 04:31 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Hey Jeremy
You know we love ya !!!
Ed
ps make sure the set you make for Luis has a few pin holes in them :-)
Old 08-25-2005 | 04:34 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

If I were to do it again, I would just buy the stock rubber ones...because of the price. Then I would wrap them in the fire sleeve that I have around my one SS line. Would save me some money. And when I cover the SS line with fire sleeve it kills the bling factor.

Hey Derek
Is the the fire sleve that Lindsey sells ??
Regards
Ed
Old 08-25-2005 | 04:35 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

I wasn't upset about the name thing guys, it made me laugh. I'm not sure what the lines cost me last time but It was less then $90.
Old 08-25-2005 | 04:49 PM
hammerwerfer
Racer

I think I'll have a close look at mine tomorrow!

Thanks lads.
Old 08-25-2005 | 05:08 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I wasn't upset about the name thing guys, it made me laugh. I'm not sure what the lines cost me last time but It was less then $90.
Jeremy, Enguish is my 2nd language, my 1st is spanglish your last name got confused somehoe in the covertion got it?. Anyvvay $ 90.00 and it will take you a month to do a set?
Old 08-25-2005 | 05:31 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Hey Jeremy
You know we love ya !!!
Ed
ps make sure the set you make for Luis has a few pin holes in them :-)
I put pin holes in all of the lines that way 20th street auto has plenty of parts-cars for me to pick from .

$90 give or take a few bucks. I'm starting my 3.0L project and am trying to finish up two other cars I'm building so my "wife & kids free-time" is pretty limited so it'll be at least a month before I have time to take a ride over to the supplier.

Lart, is your avatar the end result of the motor danno botched?
Old 08-25-2005 | 05:49 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I put pin holes in all of the lines that way 20th street auto has plenty of parts-cars for me to pick from .

$90 give or take a few bucks. I'm starting my 3.0L project and am trying to finish up two other cars I'm building so my "wife & kids free-time" is pretty limited so it'll be at least a month before I have time to take a ride over to the supplier.

Lart, is your avatar the end result of the motor danno botched?
My avatar is a proof of Danno's legacy of integrity to the 951 community.

In regards of the braided lines with a production of a set per month there is no such thing as a chance of a group buy is it?

Quick Reply: I believe there is a GOD.