Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 06:13 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gcb951
Well,
Personally (not that I matter), I think the rear bumper is the one place the great styling of the 951 falls off. I think the factory bumper is as ugly as it gets. Now, I do think that the euro bumper looks pretty good. I have also seen a few 951s with a flush mounted rear bumper that gets rid of the rear valance and only has a hole for the exhaust. That to me (once again doesn't matter) looks great. It really smooths out that last bit of the car. Other then the stock rear bumper, the 951 is a pretty smooth flowing car. It's like they just ran out of patience or something and slapped that thing on there. 968 cars have more of the flush mounted bumper and looks great. Anyway's after all that I guess I would say what ever you can do to hide the ugly bumper, go for it. But my $0.02 is worth about that.
The Euro bumpers are sweet; that's why I went with the GT Racing rear bumper on mine. Much cleaner looking. Thank the good ol' US of A for 5 mph impact bumpers! Sure did ruin the rear of a beautiful car.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:50 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

It'd look cool combined with a single front wiper blade in the upright position. LOL, really just joking. Been combative posting with phsyco-ologists lately. I'll take my Prozac and sit back.

Ahh, that's better. Go for it if you like. I've seen a bumper pad delete car and it looks outstanding. Seriously considering doing it to my car. I've also seen a bumper pad painted car and thought that it looked like a "at home" paint job.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah ill see what the process will be like to remove the bumperets cause i don't want my car to have a "at home paint job" look
Old 08-23-2005, 09:38 AM
gcb951
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said before,
Stock rear bumber is kind of ugly. But check this rear bumper out. I think I will do this myself one day.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:17 PM
por4ever
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the rear diffuser though. I think it makes the back look more aggresive. I don't know of any other car that has something like that.
Gcb951: Maybe it is the angle but I think that one looks like it has a droopy butt. I like the idea of something a little more flowing though.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:55 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i agree wholeheartedly what most of you are saying regarding the US spec bumpers....UGLY!!!!! porsche had to make them like that for the usa to cover the impact guidelines here but it looks all wrong......takes away from the look of the car when you look at the back and see this huge step sticking out........NOT NICE...... ALSO, the usa spec side/blinker lights where an after thought by porsche to clear US guidelines......they too look crap compared to the styling of the euro/rest of world 944's........just my ha'pennys worth.....
Old 08-23-2005, 06:48 PM
pieball
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gcb951
Like I said before,
Stock rear bumber is kind of ugly. But check this rear bumper out. I think I will do this myself one day.

I'll second that. This bumper blows ours away IMO!
Old 08-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear white shoes are coming back....

Quick Reply: i'm thinkin some thing crazy... but what ever