Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rear camber

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 11:22 AM
rcarpen22
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear camber

I searched and found alot of info but not what I need. How do you actually adjust the rear camber on a 951? I jacked up the car and crawled under there. The control arm is solidly mounted and I couldn't see any independent method of adjusting the rear camber. Any help appreciated.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been meaning to look into this myself. From what I understand, the bolt that attaches the rear sway bar to the rear spring plate or control arm is an eccentric bolt. Turning it changes the camber. I don't know if you have to loosen anything else in order to adjust the camber. I would think you possibly have to loosen the two bolts that are closest to the wheel hub in order to then be able to adjust the camber. I put in bigger torsion bars in the back and realized the camber eccentric on one side had been replaced with just an ordinary bolt. I got a new one. I have not got the car aligned yet. It drives pretty well, especially at my first DE this year a few days ago. The two bolts closest to the wheel hub are to adjust toe, I think.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:10 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This should help:

Old 08-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a pic borrowed from CHuck Morelands Spring Plate instructions. The circled hole is the eccentric bolt that the rear sway bar end link attaches to on the other side of the spring plate. The red arrow is where the two bolts are which get loosened per Hos's shop manual. The white arrow is the hole that is always open to adjust the rea toe. I think toe is adusted by using a Porsche tool# 221 that you stick in the hole to move the wheel hub forward or back on the spring plate. The secon pic shows how the two holes ride in a slot forward and back. Does this sound right every one? I have not tackled this yet like I mentioned but I think this is how it works.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Rear camber