Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

went to Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 09:37 AM
ewainwright
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I believe i was in cell 330 0r 340, RPM below 3000. but no change in fuel value could bring my AFR from the 19's and 20's"

Quick questions: do you have an excel program to use along with the AFM Link? If not please PM me your email and I’ll send you two versions. Below 3000 RPM (depending on load and boost) I would be at 220, 225, 320,325 or at 420, 425.

Trust me, I feel your pain
Old 08-12-2005, 09:48 AM
eastendr
Instructor

Trust me,

or dump the link .....

And you'll feel pain no more

Rick
Old 08-13-2005, 11:47 AM
cantresjr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eastendr
Trust me,

or dump the link .....

And you'll feel pain no more

Rick

Believe me if i'm not happy by the end of the year is out of my car.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:02 PM
John Sims
Intermediate

Well mine continues to be a pain. While fine when the engine bay is cool, once it all starts to get hot the only way to stop it stalling when pulling away is with plenty of revs and slipping the clutch. I've tried more fuel, less fuel and just about everything in between. To say it is frustrating is an understatement.

When it stalls the Link seems to freeze at cell 600 and is a sod to restart. I am assuming it is flooding out. Any suggestions (aside throwing it in the bin) would be most welcome.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:07 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried contacting Link in NZ or Guru?

Link dont make the AFM IIRC because of issues with compatible chip maps.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:35 PM
John Sims
Intermediate

I spoke to Link last year. You are quite correct in that they don't support the AFM, they haven't made them for some years now. My understanding is that they were never very happy with the product. It was a little project the someone at Link did as a one off and someone else asked for one and it went from there.

I haven't contacted Danno but, in fairness, I believe he has provided ProMAX (my supplier) with some revised maps which may work better- once I get the new chip. The new chip should also include maps for my forthcomming increase in Turbo.

My main reason for posting was if anybody had had a simillar experience and could say "Ah yes, that's because......and you do this......"
Old 08-13-2005, 05:38 PM
ewainwright
Racer

Hard starts and stalling.

Yes, it’s getting too much fuel. The issue lies in the 600/ 500 cell range. When starting off in first it goes through these cells very quickly and it doesn’t show on the hand held or when data logging. It is possible to force the Llink AFM into these cells. With a co-pilot watching both your link hand held and your A/F meter put your car into reverse and let it idle then slowly apply the brakes. Let your co-pilot be your guide by watching the cells and telling you where you are whether to apply more brake or hold it steady while they adjust the appropriate cell group My experience is that you will end up backing out lots of fuel in 605 and 505 cells.

I was trying to talk a vendor to do an even trade their system for my ex-mother-in-law. From what I understand they are single. Unfortunately, they wouldn't go for it.

Edit to make sense

Last edited by ewainwright; 08-14-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:57 PM
UK952
Burning Brakes

LOL

sorry

see you saturday for

Tony
Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

anyone else has problems with the link?
what about other stand alone?
It seems people get much more porblem than HP out of them?
why do you change to a stand alone? the stock Motornic can susport all the power you want if it is remaped corectly.
Do you have so mayn mods that the stock Motronic do not work any more or do you just want to try and play with something else? (which I understand)

Konstantin

Quick Reply: went to Dyno