Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Diverter valve

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Diverter valve

I just received and installed Boostsciences Diverter valve. My old bad stock valve leaked vaccuum but the 2 ports were always closed. My wastegate is inop due to the bad CV, hope to install the MBC (reliaboost 2) asap.
At this point my boost response seems slightly less, but can still peg stock boost gauge with more throttle. The biggest difference is the smooth response when shifting gears. Is this the result of a working diverter valve? Why did they send me two shims, what is the procedure for needing and installing/deleting them?
Is this something I can do by road testing or is a dyno required, is it preset for stock or modded chips??
With the CV removed were do u recommend i attach the input side of the MBC, before/after the intercooler, somewhere else?
No paperwork came with the units from Boost..., a sticker on the box referred to their webb site. Their site doesn't refer to the shims for the valve, nor does it mention why the other spring and ball come with the MBC.
I sent them an email two days ago...no response...help
The units look great, I am thrilled to have them, but I need some info so I am not haphazardly installing them.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:36 PM
BoostSciences
Advanced

Rip It:

The shims are provided to increase the compression on the spring if you are running higher boost above 15 psi.

You probably purchased an MBC with the ceramic upgrade. The steel ball and stock spring are provided as extra as your controller has already been upgraded with ceramic and has a faster responding spring. You do not need the steel ball and spring, they can be kept as a backup should you misplace your cermic internals.

With the CV removed the input to the MBC is still located at the banjo bolt on the intercooler duct and the output goes to the wastegate vacuum port.

However, I checked and did not receive an email from you regarding these questions. Please go ahead and send it again, so that we can get more detailed answers to you if required.

Regards
Old 07-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

ok thanks
Old 07-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

You likely didn't get my email, I wrote it and hit send but my computer might have went offline and that maybe prevented it from going to u...I don't know. I should have just called!!! I am real happy with the bov and mbc and thanks for answering my questions. I for now am not planning to increase stock boost so the as-is seems to be fine with the bov.
Oh and by the way the diverter/bov fit perfect. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Diverter valve