Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

NEW Popup Headlight Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 12:31 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

testarossa_td can you take those two above pics and make a white pic with them.

and a set of the light splitter in matching white instead of black
Old 07-15-2005, 12:42 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
testarossa_td can you take those two above pics and make a white pic with them.

and a set of the light splitter in matching white instead of black
Yup, it will be tomorrow. Barring locking of this thread
I kid.....
I will get you them tomorrow. At this point the template is made, so if anybody has any color requests....no problem. In fact when running through these I have seen all kinds of cool colors.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:31 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I cant see how it would be less than $1000... considering the custom work on the bar, wiring, relays (if necessary), the lights themselves (big $$$), and the fibreglass piece to hold them... must be damn close to 1K.

Oh Testes, you know you want to do a mock up with my front with these at half open

Oh and fix up my business website! I think everyone who has benefited from Testes should slip in a buck and we get him a membership. And no dirty comments, I know that sounds dodgey lol.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:51 AM
rcatherton
Instructor

testarossa_td your examples are nice. I would like to see how the face of the light box would look if it remained black around the lights balanced above an below and car color at the bottom.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:26 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a big fan of the "snake eyes", either completly up or flush for me Good work thou future!

My headlight design has been put on hold untill i finish my training at work. ~3wks and i'll get them knocked out.

The wiriing will def have to be changed in order to support the hella's, iceshark and I have talked this over, he's gonna fix the wiring for me,i wouldn't expect to see anything for at least another month.

and Yes, my headlight design will get finished.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:43 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by NZ951
I cant see how it would be less than $1000... considering the custom work on the bar, wiring, relays (if necessary), the lights themselves (big $$$), and the fibreglass piece to hold them... must be damn close to 1K.

Oh Testes, you know you want to do a mock up with my front with these at half open

Oh and fix up my business website! I think everyone who has benefited from Testes should slip in a buck and we get him a membership. And no dirty comments, I know that sounds dodgey lol.
Just remember me when I need a part
or if you have a 968 collecting dust....I will accept your donation.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:03 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice idea. I suppose i have to study this a little bit, if i can make a similar set. I supose we can't use those Hellas here, because most likely they are DOT-spec units without E-codes needed in Europe.
I have a parts car from which i can pick up all necessary stuff for Gruppe951 prototype.The plan is not to sell these if ever i manage to make a similar set

Edit:

just saw Mark is from UK, so his light are E-code ones.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:57 AM
future
Banned

OK... To help clear a few point up!

First cost... I have designed this kit so that it will be affordable and I am sure that the total cost will be around the $650.00 mark with standard Hella lights. There will be an option for a HRD conversion to run Xenon bulbs which will add approx another $600.00 if required. If you wanted to upgrade at a later date to Xenon then this can be done as/if required.

I will also be looking at doing a carbon fibre version, but for me this is to much of a 'ricer boy' thing but each to there own

All of the product that I am in the process of developing are not intended to make me money... That is not the point! If I sell 10 kits and this covers the cost that I am incurring for the design, development and mould making then that will make me happy, so all those thoughts of $1-2k plus need not worry the bank manager

All the modifications that I'm working on or shall I say design updates to help bring our much loved cars inline with what technology offers today some 20 years since Porsche first started designing our cars.

Myself as with most people do not have endless pots of cash and I hate looking at companies selling products for our cars at ridiculous prices

The next projects that have already started development are the 968 side skirts. For those that don't know, the original 968 side skirts will not fit our cars due to the way they mount. They are 2 piece items and I'm going to design these to fit our cars as one piece so that the lines are uninterrupted. The main reason I'm doing this kit is to help owners hide the rust that seams to eat our original sills and also because I love the side view of the 968 - Porsche got it just right as they do with most things

There are already many different side skirt designs on the market for our cars including the box section design, however in my opinion they all look S#1T - Sorry if I offended any makers of these kits

I'm also doing a front splitter which will include the under tray.Again this will be much cheaper than any other product out there and to temp you even more all the products that I will be producing will be finished in Satin black so they can be bolted onto the cars the same day (968 side skirt will come finished in primer ready to paint to match your body colour)

I have also just purchased a factory 968 rear bumper to take a mould from and then modify this so that it is a direct replacement fit for our 951 / 944's. These conversion kits have been done before but after seeing them in person, the fit and finish is not great.

Next on the list will be a variety of different designed rear spoilers based on the bridge spoiler design.

Lastly I am going to be producing a 968 rear seat delete kit which will come carpeted and again made from GRP.

If there is anything else that you guys would like to see produced then please send me a PM and I will consider development if there is demand and the mod is tasteful.

As promised I will post loads of pictures and confirm prices and delivery time scales next week.

Best regards, Mark.

P.S. I never expected this much response so thanks again.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:16 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

hands down, 968 TRS wing! Preferably adjustable. We'll talk....
~Eyal
Old 07-15-2005, 07:22 AM
future
Banned

JDeitz951 – Thanks for pointing out the T and C’s for selling on rennlist.

I have read the thread that you posted and agree with all of the coments.

I am not manufacturing these products myself! What I have done is commissioning a company to produce the products for me. I posted the thread here to get feedback and if people like the products then I will have the same company make many more sets for every one else interested.

The sets will be sold at a cost price! i.e. there will be little or no profit in this for me. As stated before I only intend on getting my money back from paying for the initial design, development. My own business has nothing to do with manufacturing and when finished I will put all people wanting to purchase these mods in direct contact with the company that is doing the work for me.

I am doing this out of the love for my car and not for commercial purposes.

Look at the cost that I have estimated and you try and find how I’m making any monies from this.

In my opinion there should be more people out there like me rather than money hungry corporate businesses intent on squeezing out every last penny from our pockets!

F1rocks – If you want to ship them out in the US with zero profit involved then I will be more than glade to do this! Send me a PM if you would like to discuss this further.

Once again I apologies sincerely if this has upset anybody however if I was to become a Rennlist Sponsor then the cost of the kits would significantly increase to cover the costs and that would be detracting away from the original cost saving for all plans.

When I have paid for the development of everything else which believe me will run into $-£k’s as I’m sure you can imagine and is coming out of my hard earned saving, then yes I would definitely sponsor Rennlist as I agree that the people that have spent like me, large amount of money and time on developing this great website.

Best regards, Mark S.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:26 AM
UK952
Burning Brakes

Excelent look forward to seeing the full range, good luck with it!
Tony
Old 07-15-2005, 07:29 AM
pikey7
Drifting

nice to see someone from the uk giving a sh-1-t about our cars.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:06 AM
future
Banned

Thanks 'Pikey7' I keep meaning to join the UK forums but still Rennlist is the place to be for me! These american dudes actually use there cars for what they were designed for rather than spend day-in-day out polishing and waiting for the sun to come out

Not saying thats the case for everyone but it seams to be the general norm

Regards, Mark
Old 07-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

are you joking? you guys have way more automtive fun, and culture there! though we have more tracks. All I do with mine is lay under it whining and cussing.
~Eyal
Old 07-15-2005, 08:37 AM
pikey7
Drifting

Originally Posted by future
Thanks 'Pikey7' I keep meaning to join the UK forums but still Rennlist is the place to be for me! These american dudes actually use there cars for what they were designed for rather than spend day-in-day out polishing and waiting for the sun to come out

Not saying thats the case for everyone but it seams to be the general norm

Regards, Mark
There's actually a track day on Monday night. Full Silverstone GP circuit baby!!!! I'm gonna go along, but I won't be running at all. Need new rear boots...

And there's a TIPEC show in warwickshire on Sunday. Plenty to do, but I agree, in essence, there does *seem* to a be a lot of spit and polish rather than blood and guts! I hope I'm proved wrong the next few days!

Quick Reply: NEW Popup Headlight Conversion