Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Corrected Geometry A-Arms strong enough??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005 | 04:39 PM
Weston Dillard
Racer

Good thread, Jeremy. My experience was very similar to Larry Herman's. Has anyone else used the rebuilt arms from Dynamic European? I'm pretty sure they have solved the binding problem. I actually dug all the epoxy out of the bottom of one of mine to check it out. They machine the arms and press in a new ball joint assembly. It appears that the assembly sits higher in the arm, and as a result, the pin doesn't bind on a low car. I guess the total pin length must actually be shorter, as the end result is the same as stock. My car is quite low, and has shortened struts on it, which allows the body to come down so far the tire will actually hit the top of the inner fender near the strut mount. Yet, after 2 years and hundreds of laps around TWS where the car bottoms each lap coming off the banking, the pins were tight and showed no signs of binding. My buddy uses the same stuff and has had similar results. Anyone else?

West
Old 07-16-2005 | 04:49 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Thanks West.

Does Dynamic European press in the sealed units from Febi? (it should say "Febi" on the underside of the sealed balljoint unit once you have dug out the epoxy).

I am waiting on a set of custom a-arms from a vendor that is thinking about producing them to sell in addition to some other items he makes (can't name him yet, want to give him time to work it out and decide if he wants to offer them to others on here).
Old 07-16-2005 | 04:55 PM
Weston Dillard
Racer

I can't remember what they had on the bottom, and I've now sealed it back up.

West

Quick Reply: Corrected Geometry A-Arms strong enough??