Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dyno results - APE II @ 14-15 psi

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 07:33 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
Its a number from Porsche. It should be mentioned in the specifications or even the owner's manual.

The driveline loss is the difference between the crank hp (bhp) and the hp as measured at the wheels (as ambiguous that is). The clutch, torque tube, gears, and axles all consume power. How much is a combination of a large number factors. Weight, friction, etc all play a part.

Someone should be able to look this up in either the factory manual, haynes, or something.

I'm out of town and can't look it up.
To the best of my knowledge there is no official Porsche publication of the drivetrain loss , maybe it has something to do with that the factory dyno's on a engine dyno........ and the most accurate wheeldyno is the MAHA which will show wheel and crank #'s and is TUV approved but in general it reads low(read real) . Not very good for bench or forum racing.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:50 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

It's not an issue of bench racing. I'm not trying to inflate numbers as what's at the wheels is all that matters. I was just pointing out that the "crank" numbers on the dyno were guesses (and bad ones at that).
Old 11-20-2005, 08:51 PM
mroberts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by streckfu
I was just pointing out that the "crank" numbers on the dyno were guesses (and bad ones at that).
I don't consider that a "bad guess". 10-20% is a "bad guess". The numbers and method I cited are based on solid engineering albeit with some level of uncertainty.

Quick Reply: Dyno results - APE II @ 14-15 psi