Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

coolant leaking source unknown

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 01:18 PM
951kid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question coolant leaking source unknown

Alright so i f#^&ed up my car a lil bit, , the details i would prefer not to talk about just yet, im still a pissed but im leaking antifreeze and i can see it dripping down from the plastic under engine pieces.

should i try and pull the whole radiator to get a look at whats going on in there, in the Haynes manual they show a NA and you can pull the radiator up through the top but with all of our intercooler stuff i dont think that would be so easy.

I dont have acess to a lift right now but i do have jack stands so i was planning on lifting the front of the car and pulling the plastic under engine pieces and looking for whats going on, with any luck i just broke a hose, however i dont think its that simple

any advice on how to remove the radiator would be very helpful

Thanks
Anthony
Old 06-23-2005, 01:31 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, this F-Up you mention, youre SURE it pertains to the rad itself, and its not a hose thats split or something?

Pulling the rad requires pulling out the AFM and charge pipes, the fan assembly, undoing the hoses and connectors that go to it, moving the oil cooler hoses (PITA), and even then youre in for a fight. I wound up taking mine out the top, which requires taking the cap and rotor off.

Quick Reply: coolant leaking source unknown