Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need help ASAP! Q about mounting recaro seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:10 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 345 Posts
Default Need help ASAP! Q about mounting recaro seat

So a local shop loaned me a recaro sport so I could see if I wanted those vs the speeds.

I have the stock drivers seat out and I want to transfer the stock 3 point inboard belt receptacle over to the recaro slider. Easy enough, right? Wrong!!

There's no spot on the recaro slider to mount it to! No tapped hole, no bracket, nothing. Of course the stock bracket is welded to the stock slider.

So my question is, how did you guys get that stock receptacle mounted to your aftermarket seats? Are there a specific set of recaro sliders if you want to use the stock belt? Or do you disassemble the stock slider to use that rail with the recaro seat?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure with recaro, but brackets often have a factory harness option, and a cheaper, option with no factory harness receptical.
~Eyal
Old 06-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
So my question is, how did you guys get that stock receptacle mounted to your aftermarket seats?
You don't mount them to the seats, unless yours are a lot different than mine. When I bought my Recaro SRD's from PAR, they sold me some angled steel tabs that were supposed to go underneath the slider brackets, with a bracket bolt going thru on one end and the other machined to bolt the inboard belt receptacle into.

Problem was, they were the wrong angle/length and interfered with the movement of the seat fore and aft on the sliders. My shop did a little modification/welding to the PAR-supplied brackets to make them the right angle and length to work. They did a slick job, but it ended up adding several more hours of labor making the job a lot more expensive than I had planned on.

If you can find a current Recaro seat that provides a more direct bolt-on I'd recommend going with that model.

Old 06-10-2005, 04:42 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

goo with the spd's. srry i dunno how they mount it cus i brought it with the cars
Old 06-10-2005, 09:34 AM
smokey
Pro

There is a Porsche angle bracket that will fit under the rear mounting bolts on the tunnel side. Don't have the part number here, but I believe it's a 964 part. You can do a search, or someone here may know the part. It fits with the Porche race seat to allow the regular seat belt as well as a harness.

Quick Reply: Need help ASAP! Q about mounting recaro seat