Project introduction with link to pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Tms951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rolex: have you seen these pictures

http://yarrowsport.com/gallery/photo...116526785BCtME

That shows some of the beggining of the project. It is nearing completion at this piont. Over the winter we will be finishing the intirior and doing the lifters and cam and suspension. The stack will also be going in, I have to thank 9fitty1 for that.

I will take some pictures of the intirior at this point and of the rear hatch, I have the M3 lip mocked up on the 924 hatch right now and it looks really good. The big wing is big, but after being cut down I think it will look all right and serve its purpose.

Heres one that has not been posted befor and is not on the web site.
Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2005, 03:18 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I saw them, thanks. Very nice. I meant more as you move along in the project.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Tms951
Pro

Just got the car started, we tried on Monday but had no power to the DME, let it sit for two days and went back at it this morning. Turned out not all of the alarm had been removed from the car. It idles great with only the Vitesse chip.

I would like to thank, Mike Lindsey and John at Vitesse, with out them this could not have happened. Mike has spent countless hours with me on the phone educating me and guiding me on my project, john was very helpful and prompt with his emails but there is nothing like being able to talk to some one and ask questions spawned by the last answer they gave you. I would like to thank Bobby our head tech who built the engine and did most of the install and Jesse who finished up the install and got it started with me, they are both Yarrowsport employees at their time of working on this car, also without them I would not be where I am today.

There will more updates to come, but now it is time for me to play with my toy.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:22 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tms951
Just got the car started, we tried on Monday but had no power to the DME, let it sit for two days and went back at it this morning. Turned out not all of the alarm had been removed from the car. It idles great with only the Vitesse chip.

I would like to thank, Mike Lindsey and John at Vitesse, with out them this could not have happened. Mike has spent countless hours with me on the phone educating me and guiding me on my project, john was very helpful and prompt with his emails but there is nothing like being able to talk to some one and ask questions spawned by the last answer they gave you. I would like to thank Bobby our head tech who built the engine and did most of the install and Jesse who finished up the install and got it started with me, they are both Yarrowsport employees at their time of working on this car, also without them I would not be where I am today.

There will more updates to come, but now it is time for me to play with my toy.
With that speech above, what did you do just win an Oscar award and want to thank everyone for making this dream possible? I'm j/k.

Glad to hear things are progressing for you on the car. You're working with two of the best vendors out there today with respect to our cars. Keep everyone posted, but most of all pics baby, pics. People around here love eye-candy!

Old 12-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Joseph Imports
Instructor

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Glad to hear things are progressing for you on the car. You're working with two of the best vendors out there today with respect to our cars. Keep everyone posted, but most of all pics baby, pics. People around here love eye-candy!

Ditto. Rockon Man!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:02 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Have fun!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Tms951
Pro

I have been driving my car a bit in ths warm winter, breakin is going well and I can feel it loosening up. It is back at the body shop to finish up a few things.

It will be at SEMA auto salon april 8-9th in Phily at the expo center.

Here is a picture after the last drive.
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2006, 12:40 PM
951North
Pro

Originally Posted by Tms951
I have been driving my car a bit in ths warm winter, breakin is going well and I can feel it loosening up. It is back at the body shop to finish up a few things.

It will be at SEMA auto salon april 8-9th in Phily at the expo center.

Here is a picture after the last drive.
Looking Good!

What are your impressions of the rt-615's and what sizes are you running?

Jason
Old 02-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Tms951
Pro

Default rt-615

from my limited use of them in colder weather they are very good, nothing i don't like about them yet. they are 275/40/17 and 225/45/17.

I will know more after the first track event in april.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Joseph Imports
Instructor

Post another photo from another angle to see more of the paint if available. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:47 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to see the rear end with that small lip you installed.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:30 PM
IMB951
Drifting

Dear lord! I just read this whole thread and looked at all the pics... this car is drop dead GORGEOUS, and will be even more so when you finish up the hatch and get that new suspension on there for the perfect stance. Getting the car to the perfect ride height is what really sets a custom car above the rest when you are looking at it. Shine those tires, too!

Last edited by IMB951; 02-12-2006 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:08 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

tms-

Truely is a great looking car! I cannot decide wether I like the front bumper or not. Although, in the very first picture of this thread, it looks awesome.

Tarheel-

Ditto man! Wheels, tire thickness, and height are what really make a car look good. Ugly wheels, wrong ride height, and uberly thick tires just screw up the whole car, even if the rest of it is nice.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:04 AM
IMB951
Drifting

I hope TMS won't mind me doing a little motivational ride height photoshop

before and after: aaah much better
Attached Images   
Old 02-12-2006, 01:42 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hey ! that is the cheapest lowering job i have ever seen. lower it another inch.

Quick Reply: Project introduction with link to pics