Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cruise control

Searched, no help. My cc works great until I hit the brake, then it will not reset until I restart the engine. Anyone ever fix this problem?
Old 05-18-2005, 04:42 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine has a similar problem. Mine works good one time and not the next. I can drive with the cruise and it works good. If I stop and turn off the car and leave it for a bit I can come back, restart the car and try to set the cruise but it will accelerate non stop and doesn't let up until I kick it off with the brakes. If I turn the car off and start it again sometimes it will reset and other times it won't.

I haven't fixed my problem either but figured that I need a new cruise control to fix it.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Man
I didnt think anyone really used it ???
Regards
Ed
Old 05-18-2005, 04:45 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

That's a good one.

Have you tried turning the cruise to off using the stem switch while it was engaged and then seeing if it will resume?

I would think the most likey candidate is the the cruise computer. Try having the circuit re-soldered at an electronics shop (it should only cost ~$20). This seems to fix most of the electronic faults.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

It does the same thing even when using the control switch on the column. I don't use the cruise control, I don't trust it, it scares the H out of me, and there's really no where to rest your foot except on the gas peddle. I just would prefer it work properly.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

I just read the manual to make sure how its suppose to work. Got up on the interstate, tried every feature several times, clutch, cancel, reset, set/accelerate and all works except when brake is applied, it quits until the engine has been restarted. Apparently removing 12 vdc resets the control unit. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SCHEMATIC OF THE CONTROL UNIT?

Quick Reply: cruise control