Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

install instructions are here:

http://forums.gururacing.net/viewtopic.php?t=9

Follow them and you should be OK.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:08 PM
ApexCars
Pro

Okay, now I'm even more confused. The Guru site shows a pic with the MBC hooked up (looks like)between the banjo bolt on the IC pipe that runs behind the airbox and the hard line to the CV. That is where the Jetworks thing was. The Boost Sciences site shows it hooked up between the banjo bolt off the back of the manifold and the wastegate. Which is correct or does it matter? Why does the Guru site show it hooking into the hard line, wouldn't this mean leaving the CV in place? If I do bypass the CV, what do I do with the other line coming off it and what do I do with the plug? Do I just cap off the line, leave it open or what? Obviously, the hard line can just be left open till I have the mani off and can remove it but not sure about the other line. Do you just tie the electrical plug up out of the way, or do I need to jumper it or something? Sorry for all the questions but I just don't know much about turbos yet. I'm learning alot being on here though. Sometimes it feels like 2 steps forward and 1 step back with all the different answers to every question though.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:11 AM
pikey7
Drifting

Try this!

Run one line from the banjo bolt on the innercooler tube to the inlet side of the "giles" controller. From the outlet side of the controller, run a line to the top of the wastegate. In doing this, you will bypass the CV. You will need to cap off the J boot where the metal line under the intake connects. (i.e. stick a big bolt in, and put a clip on it!). you can either take off the CV and tie the connector up, or leave it there completely. It won't do anything anyway!

Now when you run the car, check the boost. in second or third with the throttle floored, you should see 1.7bar on the stock gauge. That's standard boost. It can be run a little bit higher i believe, but soon after you'll hit the chips overboost limit and get a nasty stutter as the chip cuts the fuel. You don't wanna be running too much over this on a stock car anyhow as the wastegate springs generally can't take it for too long! So if you're running over that, turn it down obviously.....

Hope that helps.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:38 AM
951Porschiste
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ApexCars
I have an 87 951 ... 928 brake bias adapter
I may be wrong but I believe all 951's had the brake bias from the start. I'll have to check this info at home tonight (Peter Morgan's "Original Porsche 924/944/968").
Old 06-07-2005, 08:00 PM
ApexCars
Pro

On the J boot, there are two outlets going under the manifold. A big one and a small one. Which do I plug. I can't see exactly which one goes to the CV and all of the vacuum diagrams I have found only show one outlet. I think it's the small one but I want to be sure before I drive it and blow something up. What does the other outlet go to anyway?

Also, thanks for all the help so far.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:02 PM
pikey7
Drifting

the smaller one. the larger one is the oil breather line.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:09 PM
ApexCars
Pro

2 cool, I actually guessed right for once. While I was doing this fix, I found that the bottom hose clamp on the BOV was loose and just hanging on the J boot. Hopefully putting this back will fix the boost cut problem I have been having. Now to find some empty road to field test the repairs. I also found that the old line from the J boot to the CV had some nasty cracks in it and a pin hole leak in the coolant tank hose that runs under the turbo hard pipe on the drivers side so I think this was a very worth while wrenching session. Also, inspected and tightened all the pipes and boots leading to the trubo and cleaned them up.

Thanks again Pikey
Old 06-07-2005, 08:13 PM
pikey7
Drifting

Glad I could help. Now go wash your hands and GO FEEL THE BOOOOOOOOOST!
Old 06-08-2005, 12:09 AM
ApexCars
Pro

Went and gassed her up and headed to the outskirts of town to see if she liked what I did. I knew there was a little hill coming up that I could see for a good ways ahead on. As I was coming up the hill I went into 4th planning to open her up if the way ahead was clear so that I could see if the boost cut was fixed. Anyway, a mid/late 80's Camaro was behind me and when traffic allowed, he swung into the other lane and punched it. He was gaining fast but then I cleared the hill and saw that the road ahead was open so I hit it also. I know he thought I was racing him. When he got even with me, he was well into his accelleration and I was just coming onto mine. Anyway, he didn't stay there very long. I took it up to 5500 in 4th and then slowed her back down, he was a few cars back by then though. So, boost cut fixed and she idles a little smoother now too. Still have to track down some more vac leaks but I think they are small ones.

Quick Reply: Help me I.D. these parts