Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Att: Vacuum GODS want to remove this mess but keep the ISV PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 03:10 PM
pikey7
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eddie, you will have to block off some of the outlets on your MAF pipe though. With a non-recirculating catch can, and the vapour valve deleted, I managed to fit an "aftermarket" aluminium pipe in it's place. 70mm (or whatever your diameter is, this can be different according to MAF manufacturer) with a single 25mm T for the BOV.

As far as sizes go, you're best off measuring it while you're there, but IIRC, the AOS is 19mm all the way, even though the stock pipe goes up and down in size over it's route. You still need the banjo anyway, but you can cut off the swaged end of the banjo and fit some nice silicon hose to route for the MBC. I used 4mm as used on the rest of the vacuum system, but it is a very very tight fit on that barb. 6mm would be better, but I don't know what it goes to on the other end for your MBC!
Old 04-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Great write up Doc...
I will just take what applies and try to use it
thanks
Regards
Ed
Old 04-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Eddie: The MBC/EBC would just replace the cycling valve, so instead of having three vacuum hoses from the CV, you would have the MBC/EBC have one line directly to the intercooler banjo, and the wastegate (the MBC/EBC sits inbetween them). You would need to plug the vacuum port on the j-boot (one hose from the CV goes there). Yes, that's waht John had told me

As for the AOS, as i mentioned, you take a line from the AOS before it enters the metal venturi, then routed through to the catch can, then back into the j-boot.

Thanks Hos
That helps
regards
Ed
Old 04-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Hey Mike
Do you have any pictyures of this ?
Eddie, you will have to block off some of the outlets on your MAF pipe though. With a non-recirculating catch can, and the vapour valve deleted, I managed to fit an "aftermarket" aluminium pipe in it's place. 70mm (or whatever your diameter is, this can be different according to MAF manufacturer) with a single 25mm T for the BOV.

As far as sizes go, you're best off measuring it while you're there, but IIRC, the AOS is 19mm all the way, even though the stock pipe goes up and down in size over it's route. You still need the banjo anyway, but you can cut off the swaged end of the banjo and fit some nice silicon hose to route for the MBC. I used 4mm as used on the rest of the vacuum system, but it is a very very tight fit on that barb. 6mm would be better, but I don't know what it goes to on the other end for your MBC!

Thanks Mike
regards
Ed
Old 04-29-2005, 03:25 PM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

For my MBC i used 4mm ID silicon vacuum hose. It was a bit small and was tough to get onto the connectors. A little dab of Dawn dishsoap helped with that. I went from the banjo bolt to the MBC to the WG.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:28 PM
pikey7
Drifting

Give me an hour for the write-up, but a pic for now.....

Old 04-29-2005, 04:18 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yea, i didnt include the actual metal tube delete in the pictures, but it is straight forward. All the hose sizes are in the writeup. Make sure you get the molded porsche hose that runs from the intake to the brake booster.....that 1/2 purosil line cinks and fits like crap. So you will want the 2 hoses for the ISV and the brake booster to intake hose (you will have to cut that and insert the check valve by the firewall...no biggie) All those are porsche hoses....then get about 15 feet of 5/32 silicon line and thats about all you need. I say replace those because the old ones are probably dry rotting, and you know, its a "while you are in there" thing......Oh, make sure you run a heavier line from the wastegate to the MBC. I am gettting ready to install a catch can as well, as soon as i find one i like.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

i got rid of the metal piping too. I bought radiator hose of the correct diameter with a 90 degree bend in it. cut right at the 90, and place that on the OAS, then the hose runs under the IM. I bought two male on male brass connectors, one cvonnects the blue silicone hose supplied in myswiss kit, and the other male on male goes into the j boot. Viola, easy as can be, and no more metal pipe.
BTW, whoever said venturi was gone for 87 is wrong.
I'd recomend the vacuum manifold from Laust!
~Eyal
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2005, 05:25 PM
pikey7
Drifting

My little writeup: I need to go though it again to make sure I've not said anything stupid, but you get the gist......

Vacuum system
Old 04-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Thanks Guys
Your great ..
Mike I will read thru this tonight after I put Jr down
As always Rennlist rules
regards
Ed
Old 04-30-2005, 01:57 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

My mech did it by just switching 2 hoses. I have to find out which ones as I know it was NOT the long process tha tis described in here.

I just told him "I wanna by pass the venturi crap" He said, "ok, just gotta switch this and this and ....done"

Quick Reply: Att: Vacuum GODS want to remove this mess but keep the ISV PLEASE HELP