Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Pauer Tuning Fuel Line Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 09:33 PM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Pauer Tuning Fuel Line Question

Those with the Pauer Tuning fuel lines: Does the Pauer short line (fuel damper to fuel rail) follow the same routing as the stock Porsche line or does it go some different way? In other words, is there enough room under fuel damper for the SS fuel line to bend (when connected with a 90 degree fitting) without kinking or running into other obstructions? Any pics or Pauer Tuning instruction copies would be appreciated.

(Trying to finish this nightmare DIY fuel line project--Anyone considering a fuel line project, just buy the premade Pauer or similar. Doing it yourself will NOT save you a f**king penny and will shorten your miserable life by about 5 years! I will NEVER buy, touch, or even look at another SS line without getting nauseous. Haven't these hose designers ever heard of nomex or carbon or anything other than braided steel. I'd rather my car caught on fire and burned to the ground than have deal with these fittings, lines, adapters, JIS, NPT, UNF, industrial supply people ever, ever again!)
Old 04-26-2005, 12:17 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:30 AM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks, Derek, that helps a lot. I figured it must go that way but wasn't sure if the bend would be too tight. I guess it's right at the limit for bending but good to know that going that way is possible.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:35 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Sorry :

Derek: Where did you get the fire sleeve from? do you know if it is fiber glass or what is the material? How much did you get (3 feet, and what ID).

Sorry guys....
Old 04-26-2005, 01:37 AM
z3bra
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superloaf
Haven't these hose designers ever heard of nomex or carbon or anything other than braided steel. I'd rather my car caught on fire and burned to the ground than have deal with these fittings, lines, adapters, JIS, NPT, UNF, industrial supply people ever, ever again!)
I'm not sure who makes it but the "Parker Store" by me sells a replacement for Braided S/S lines that has a black kevlar/nomex/aramid braid instead and is a little bit more flexible as well as not acting like a file to anything it touches or poking you with little stainless wires when the braid frays or if you cut it. I think it's made by Earls or Russel. I know it's not made by Aeroquip and I'm pretty sure it's not Parker either since the "Parker Store" by me just uses the name and sells other stuff too.

For what it's worth, I've replaced a lot of my other lines with Parker's Jiffy hose using push on fittings and they work great. (Power Steering reservoir lines for instance). And it's JIC not JIS, JIS is for Japanese vehicles. The industrial supply guys can be a pain to deal with, the catch is that you have to know what you're looking for and "speak the lingo" somewhat since they're usually pretty busy. For fuel lines I'll probably just build my own because however much the pain it is, and despite the fact I won't save any money, I'm a do-it-yourselfer to a fault. (Probably why I have a big fat copper bus bar in my electrical system for instance.)

I'll edit this if I can find a P/N for the non S/S braided stuff. It's designed to be a direct replacement for braided S/S as long as it doesn't have to meet Mil-specs even though aside from the material not being S/S it actually is as good or better.

Ok I found it, it's Earl's Prolite 350 hose. It's not kevlar on the sheath, just black nylon braid which is disappointing. I'd probably stick with the stainless for fuel lines in our car just because of the proximity to exhaust parts even if you route it along the firewall. It would probably be ok with firesleeve on it I'm sure but better safe than sorry. But for anything else I'd say it's not a bad way to go, you still get the benefits of reusable fittings vs. proprietary or hard to find ones and it's a lot easier to work with I'm sure without the steel braid.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:32 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Sorry :

Derek: Where did you get the fire sleeve from? do you know if it is fiber glass or what is the material? How much did you get (3 feet, and what ID).

Sorry guys....

I bought 2 3 foot packages and that was more than plenty for both lines, although I couldnt put the one side on because of the SS braiding.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:43 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Derek: I am suprised by the difference in the pictures (the one on Lindsey looks different than the one you posted).

Thank you!!

Quick Reply: Pauer Tuning Fuel Line Question