Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LOST my hard drive....begging for pictures....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOST my hard drive....begging for pictures....

I lost my hard drive two weeks ago.... YES I'm an idiot b/c NO I didn;t have everything backed up & lost ~10G of pics, videos, etc.... I had JUST bought a bunch of CD's to back it all up too.....

Anyway, I've sent at LEAST 1000 Porsche pics to various people here over the years & aquired a BUNCH of things I would like back.,... if you would read the following list, please PM me w/anything you can e-mail me- I think e-mail would be preferred rather than taking up bandwidth- a lot of the pics I got directly from here....

so.....

Any GOOD interior pics- door panel shots, etc....

GOBOGIE- you took a big set of stereo install shots- IF they are on a thread & have not dissapeared, can you direct me? Otherwise, can you re-email them...? not sure how I got them a few months back, but, they are some of the best shots Ive seen.....

Duke- Lost a bunch of your Dark Green beauty- pics of it are ALWAYS welcome.....

Dan P- I THINK I have all of your Glacier Blues saved, from long ago- I'll get back to you....

NZ951- your stereo shots w/the panels off were great..... please....?

ANY 968 interior shots- door panels, specially- SOMEONE here had some GREAT front speaker pics I had sent to a few people- w/the LATER stereo option- the 3.25 is split from the under armrest plastic mounting frame & located up front.... where the original 4x6 would have been.... anyone?

SOMEONE here had a KILLER white S2.... modded door panels... painted white door handles.... red tailights IIRC....

Another white S2 had sent me EXCELLENT pics of SPORT seats in the car w/4-point harnesses laying across....

One of you New Zealand guys, maybe(?) took a few pics for me of the Turbo CUP badges & even got the ones on the glove box.... I'd LOVe to have these back.... or anyone....?

Several articles I've quoted stuff from- car test stuff- HOPEFULLY can be found at various websites- otherwise, you guys know who you are- I'll get to you soon enough....

I need to go back to any good car color threads & hopefully the pics will still be up....

SOMEONE here took pics of the 968CS rear area- took close-ups too..... I sent a few of these.... anyone....???

I ALSO sent a few of some previous RL's cars that had the 968 cab rear cubby.... I'm doing a project in the rear & need these back- not positive how I'll go, but, am leaning toward exactly what the 911CS had in it- I e-mailed THAT pic to a BUNCH of people- I need that BADLY.... it's almost identical to 968CS, BUT, has vertical trim that makes cut-outs instead of just shelf....

The list is so long, all I can do is keep coming back when I think of things....

thanks to anyone who can help....
Old 04-21-2005, 11:30 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Awwww you poor guy! Here are some...

Hmmm I cant seem to find the rear speaker pics... I did post them though, may have to do a search
Old 04-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Robby,
Any picture I ever sent you I still have. Sorry about your HD. Let me know if I can help.

This the 968 shot you want? My father's heavily optioned '94 coupe.
Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

AWESOME! thanks Andrew & Mike- yes Mike, that is one of my favorite 968 interior shots b/c of the color, etc.... I recently priced those grills for the front 3.25 or 3.5 or whatever- might end up adding some extra 4x6's & using those grills- I REALLY WANT 6.5's in that location- people have done it, but, no one can give me specs... Turbo Tim did it YEARS ago, but, can't remember specific speakers... I HAD a pic of a 968 w/them there- it was a convertible.... dying to get that back- I'm almost scared to try 6.5's even if I DID find out what actual speakers would fit- too many restrictions, from door panel depth to that window track to the dash itself, etc..... I'm hating this car over a fu**ing stereo.... I just want simple 4-ch system w/as much bass as possible, but, no subs- preferably no amps, but, dont think anything but the newer Mossfet(sp?) Alpines could run decent speakers- my Kenwood is 22w-rms / 47w-peak & my ADS amp is 40w-peak & is stronger... it's frustrating.... I'd KILL to get rid of that amp now.....

Andrew- how did your stuff work out? What about that speaker you show in the above pic- looks like a tweeter.... what is that? You mounted tweeters in the tweeter areas didn't you? Where you had that black stuff holding them in....?
Old 04-22-2005, 12:27 AM
NZ951
Race Director

I just got my 968 panels, I have a spare speaker mounting panel and spare underarm rest grill / panel thingy as well...
Old 04-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Andrew- still don't get it.... is this the way you're running the speakers? the way they're pictured above under the armrest w/the tweeter right there, OR, are you planning to mount the tweeter up high? Have you listed to any of this yet? How does it sound....? What type of HU are you using & are you running an amp???
Old 04-22-2005, 12:49 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Hey Robby, I keep changing thats why you are not keeping up!

I am running the 5000CS under armrest 6000CS in the rear as you have previously seen (both with tweeters obviously but they are reduced db switched), and running the factory up high tweeter (its actually a very nice speaker). All these are powered off a Pioneer GM amp. I will not be running a 4 x 6 at all. You just cant get a good set and they bring down the whole system. The rears are amazing, VERY good sound with the cavity space being a contributor to that I believe. I have not run the amp for the fronts yet, but I suspect its all going to kick ***. I will give a report next week once I am feeling better and get into it.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:52 AM
NZ951
Race Director

PS I made a fibreglass panel to hold the tweeter as I could not find a decent 3.5 speaker either. Thought a woofer and tweeter would be better than a 5.25 and 3.5 two way sets as thats whats mostly available. .
Old 04-22-2005, 01:38 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol this is going to sound stupid.. BUT CHECK THE PICTURE THRED... durr
Old 04-22-2005, 02:35 AM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

Robby,

Do you remember back when you sent me like 40 pictures of the 944 speaker system?
I do, and I think I have them all saved in my e-mail. Give me your primary e-mail and I'l forward them all back to you.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:04 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cyrus..... thank you! I knew I had sent packs of stuff to a few people..... thanks a lot- I'm sending you a PM.....
Old 04-22-2005, 03:43 AM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

Robby,

Everything I have has been sent.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cyrus- thanks a LOT man!!!! I just got them all- downloaded & everything... that was a bunch of stuff.....

Quick Reply: LOST my hard drive....begging for pictures....