Need help locating part

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 06:56 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help locating part

I am trying to locate the part number or a source for the factory crimped hose that connects the banjo bolt between the turbo and the intercooler and the hard pipe to the cycling valve on my '86 951. I tried the PET but found only a part number for the hard pipe assembly to the CV.

At my last DE event the hose failed due to dry rot leading to some pretty exciting overboost/fuel shut off under WOT. Improvised a solution by using a larger hose to cover the entire hose and fitting and sealing with some hose clamps. Not pretty but it got me thru the weekend and back home.

TIA
Old 04-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Geoff Daniels
Intermediate

If you can't find the part you can probably cut off the crimp with a hacksaw and separate it from the banjo bolt. Once you get the crimp off you should be able to remove the old cracked hose and replace it with some new hose from the local auto parts. Just buy a small hose clamp to secure the new hose to the banjo bolt. The banjo bolt should have a barbed end where the hose goes.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:01 AM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Geoff, I sort of thought that the approach that I would have to take.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:20 PM
HY M8NC
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I just confirmed it from Porsche. Part# 951 110 061 04 is the whole metal vacuum manifold that sits under the intake. All rubber hoses are a part of that. The list price on that part is $374.59. Holy crap.

Just get some fuel hose from your local auto parts store and a couple of small hose clamps. I would assume the other hoses under the intake are in a similar state-it might be smart preventative maintenance to pull the intake and change those as well. I did the vacuum line update from Lindsey Racing, and removed the metal manifold, and the control valve.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Earl's has an aluminum banjo fitting in just the right size if I recall correctly.

Quick Reply: Need help locating part