Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

It is alive!!! It is aliveeeeeeeeeee!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool It is alive!!! It is aliveeeeeeeeeee!!

At 10:15am today my car came back from the dead... oil pressure picked up quickly (several cranks and puring oil in the filter housing I guess helped.

We had an ooooppppsss when I forgot to put two bolts and we had a coolant leak... Here is the photo of the two bolts missing...

Closer look:

And here is the baby after installing the lights... I need to take it for a short ride and then I will continue to work on it and finish the rest of the body panel installation (I had removed fenders and all sort of stuff because I was going to do a full respray... I guess Edgardo can now take care of that once he starts working on it.

Now time for some

Last edited by Wachuko; 04-10-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

It has been soooo long that I should post some of the history... about three years ago my car developed a leak in the rear main engine seal due to an incorrect installation, by me, when I change the clutch. Seems I did not press the seal all the way in as I should have... anyway... went back in to change the seal and while I was there I decided that I should go ahead and do a few other upgrades... I got a new Turbo from SFR, after removing the stuff to get to the turbo I figured I could change the head gasket with a wide fire item... and while I was there why not .... you get the idea... I pulled the engine out and did a complete rebuild. Replacing even parts that where in good shape... the dreaded disease of "if I know I change it then at least I know it will not break in awhile.... after the rebuild and putting the engine, tranny, exhaust (from SFR as well)... the car sat for 2 years waiting for me to finish the vacuum lines, idle stabilizer installation, and the intake with injectors, etc...

My brother-in-law came here and finished the car over the weekend. I promised to give it to him if he finished the car... and he did now I have to make good on my offer.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

great progress and a very generous offer! Do you have any other single sisters? Just incase the 964 ever goes under the knife
Old 04-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Mike B
great progress and a very generous offer! Do you have any other single sisters? Just incase the 964 ever goes under the knife
The 964 is going no where... At least I know the 951 will be in good hands and he will keep it in top shape. Plans are to delete the rear seats and all the factory carpet, put a rollbar some light weight carpet, take some weight off by replacing the rear bumber and getting another Corbeau for the passenger seat

(I am keeping the Recaro seat for the 964 or to make a killer play stand for the PS2 and the GT4 game.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

The emotion of hearing this puppy come back to life was excellent... anyway... we heard a few exhaust leaks and I had forgotten to put the pipe for measuring emissions back in place and the oxygen sensor was not installed. With that in place all exhaust leak noises are gone.

I do have the coolant pump for the turbo leaking… so I will need a new one unless these can be serviced.

Since we installed a larger turbo we had to cut the J-Pipe to adapt it and that left the diverter valve too far from the IC pipe… so I need a new hose to hook that up.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Found the answer on the pump by searching the forum... toast... needs to be replaced.

Quick Reply: It is alive!!! It is aliveeeeeeeeeee!!