Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

should have done this LONG time ago!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 02:26 PM
ztnedman1
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Default should have done this LONG time ago!!

Decided to look through my cars reciepts finally today and well, i found the original window sticker with all the cars options. Found out my car has an LSD with the external oil cooler!!! this made my day seeing this. SO happy!

One question. After 20,000 miles the first owner got a new flywheel and cluch job. Do flywheels wear out or do you guys think it would have been upgraded? The clutch had parts numbers next to the invoice where as the fly didnt.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Dash01
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I went throught the reciepts and whatnot today aswell. My dad bought the car 5 years ago, but I found the PPI from when he got it. They did a compression test and it had 150-150-145-150. The car has probably gotten 10k miles since then. It made me happy. I was worried the engine was getting tired.

Also found out the PO had a timing belt break, found the reciept for that one too.

From what I have been told, the flywheel will be good as long as the clutch is good. When the clutch is going and you take it apart the flywheel will be scratched up somwhat. We just had our flywheel turned on a lathe. The lathe took off .005" and it was smooth again. Hope that helps.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:02 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any blue marks on flywheel it's a good idea to get it resurfaced because that would indicate slipping of the clutch disk.

As far as i know flywheels don't wear out.

Quick Reply: should have done this LONG time ago!!