Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

No More Signatures for Non-Members?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Porsche951redt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No More Signatures for Non-Members?

Hey i just noticed my signature was gone... Looked at some other non-member posters and none of them have a signature as well. Spent some time looking in the user CP and almost drove myself insane because i could swear on my life that an option to edit sig. was there a little while back.

Whats goin on here? Moderators is there a specific reason for this?

WARNING: If you think about flaming this thread and saying stuff like "just pay the money and become a member already then you will get it" or "for all the help these forums have given you dont you think its worth the money?" For the record yes they are worth the money and as soon as im 18 im gettin a credit card and a paypal account and paying so SHUUUUT IT!
Old 04-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Porsche951redt
WARNING: If you think about flaming this thread and saying stuff like "just pay the money and become a member already then you will get it" or "for all the help these forums have given you dont you think its worth the money?" For the record yes they are worth the money and as soon as im 18 im gettin a credit card and a paypal account and paying so SHUUUUT IT!
I'm sure a check or moneyorder would work as well.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:55 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well put Burma! Our aspiring tycoon's registration date and post count tells the story.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:18 AM
TRACKIN951
Burning Brakes

just checking mine

Damn its gone
Old 04-08-2005, 01:25 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still have mine...mmmm.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

answer is simple...if you want the sig...pay some money, ya dig? (hehe i couldn't come up with anything that rhymed with sig..except the stig of course. lol)
Old 04-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Dash01
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Finaly some motivation for me to get rennlist membership. I have put it off for soooo long. I have the $$ now too.

edit-better motivation. I relize I'd be helping out the rennlist comunity, but...you know...it got put off...
Old 04-08-2005, 04:55 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uhh no! You shut up! Then again you CAN pay up if you CAN buy the Damned car, so shut up or pay up. Or have you not gotten "anything" of use from this board? Like...Oh clutch info, interior carpet info...etc. Since you will soon be an adult, get this now. Life's NOT FAIR! Excuses are for thieves and children! Which are you? See rule number one. Life's not fair! Nor was what I just said. Deal with it, and spend the 17.00 for a membership. I guarantee John D. would be VERY FAIR with you if you emailed him and asked how to get around the age issue. OOPS! maybe this post wasn't very fair? Then agian neither was the first dance in the desert that I fought in. But I paid my dues then, just as now, so I don't care whether you like it or not.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:12 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems good to me! If it were my forum I would limit starting threads and number of posts as well.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:31 AM
special tool
Banned

Did he set up the paypal account yet for renewall??
John really needs to get on the ball with this - its not like he has anything better do do all day!! I heard he plays 36 holes a day!

Old 04-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Helstrm
Pro

Being a member is a no brainer. I paid for my membership before I got my P-car project. I know that the advice of the members here has saved me tons of money on collecting the parts I need and I have learned more reading the threads than I have turning wrenches not to mention getting good deals on parts from other members.

I have paid for lot's of memberships in the past and kicked myself for wasting money. Everything from file planet to the local gym, But my Rennlist membership has been the smartest investment I have ever made. Come on people. How often do you break a $20 only to wonder where it went. The traffic this board gets takes a lot of bandwidth and the time it takes to backup optimize and moderate a forum this size is crazy. If this board was not here then very few of us would be able to afford our cars. Most Shops charge $85 per hour so do the math. The knowledge you will gain from the members of this board would be a deal at 10x the price. So skip a movie, hold off on that new PS2 game, return those bottles collect some cans but support the board that supports your baby(PORSCHE). It is less than the cost of one tank of gas and lasts for an entire year.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:32 AM
rickb20
Pro

Default Would have been nice...

No complaints about whether non members can use signatures or not, but it might have been nice to notify everyone that this was about to happen.

Rick

Forged Signature:
I don't currently own a P-car but will certainly be joining when I'm back in the game.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:42 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

I wonder if there were any other changes made for members vs. non-members.. and come on Porsche951redt, I know you haven't been here long, but you have quite a few posts which tells me you've probably had quite a bit of advice and help given.. if you (or your parents) can afford upkeep on your porsche, I know you (or your parents) can afford $17 back to the community.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:43 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by rickb20
No complaints about whether non members can use signatures or not, but it might have been nice to notify everyone that this was about to happen.

Rick

Forged Signature:
I don't currently own a P-car but will certainly be joining when I'm back in the game.
Notify??? that only happens in a democraZY, here we don't have such thing. It's a DICTATORSHIP that's why John D. is also know as the Fidel of rennlist.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Porsche951redt
Racer

Wow.... thanks for totaly starting the kind of thread that i did not want... A FLAMING THREAD! Jesus all i wanted to do was simply bring it to everyones attention not get flamed for it. I get flamed for my vents on the side enought... and if your thinking what i think your thinking after i said that DONT YOU F*CKEN dare start that again.

Quick Reply: No More Signatures for Non-Members?