Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Project - B-Quiet/Quiet Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Porsche951redt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project - B-Quiet/Quiet Car

Well since my interior is gutted from drivers seat back at highway speeds the passanger next to me, if not already uncounscious from my driving, cant hear a single word that i say. My new sound system that installed sounds like it came from a happy meal. Thusly, i am starting a sound deadening project as soon as my car gets back from the repair shop. Which should be in two weeks. After extensive research i have chosen two companies. One is called B-Quiet which is an asphalt type mat adhesive with at 1/2 inch foam on top. http://www.b-quiet.com/. Or this new type of spray on sound deadening material made by what seems like a legitiment company that guarantees a 20DB reduction in sound. And since sound is logarithmic 20DB is a lot. http://www.quietcar.net/ Have a look at both and give me your opinion. Or if someone has done this before maybe give me some hints.

After i finish my project whichever i choose i will have a before and after video uploaded so you guys can see if you want to do something similar.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

OT, but what clutch setup did u end up going with?
Old 04-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Porsche951redt
Racer

Actualy now that i am taking it to kingston and the car is actualy drivable from the diagnosis he did to my car over the phone it seems that it is the master or slave cylinder. He said if it was my clutch then i would not be able to drive my car at all. If it is the clutch im going with somekind of performance kevlar clutch that he says i wont ever break.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Daddio
Instructor

Question quiett car progress

Which material did you chose? How do the costs compare between the various sound deadening materials? Any suggestions on where to start to get the best quieting results? In other words, where would you get the most bang reduction for the buck?
Old 04-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Porsche951redt
Racer

I have not chosen any particular one yet. However, the B-quiet system with the B-quiet Ultimate and LComp comes out to 461 CAD w/ delivery. The other system which is a spray on comes out to about 400CAD w/ dilivery and w/ a spray gun (will have to rent air compressor). How each compare at sound deadening? Well from what i gather from the website and user feedback the B-Qiuet comes out to about 8DB of quality proven resuluts with many testimonies. While the Quiet Car spray on turns out 20DB of sound reduction but with no real data to back up their claim other their reputation as an successful industrial sound proofer manufacturer.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Porsche951redt
Racer

BBBBBBump

Quick Reply: Project - B-Quiet/Quiet Car