Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WTB: Throttle body shaft

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:06 PM
ivai
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Throttle body shaft

I was following Laust's recommendation and trying to replace my orings in the throttle body: https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/155250-a-couple-of-horses-found-in-the-throttle-body.html

Only thing is, when I tried removing the throttle plate screws, I stripped them, and then tried drilling them (figuring that the screws were easily replacable) but damaged the throttle shaft to the point that I don't think new screws would reliably hold in it.

I went to Porsche and they sell the throttle body as a whole unit for *gasp* $530...

Anyone have a spare throttle body laying around they'd care to sell? Or better yet, anyone have a spare throttle shaft laying around they'd care to sell? I really need my car back up and running asap, and there are none on ebay for our cars...

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Old 04-05-2005, 01:29 AM
ivai
Burning Brakes

anyone? this is really important... Can the shaft out of a 944S work with our throttle body?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V
Old 04-05-2005, 09:23 AM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Try calling" Parts Heaven " or one of the other Porsche salvage yards.
They should be able to hook you up.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:40 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

I just sold one to special tool here on rennlist he may have a spare throttle body try to get a hold of him. he is ussually up early milking the cows.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:12 AM
Helstrm
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a NA Throttle body. Not sure if the shaft is the same or not though. If it is you can have it for shipping costs.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:16 PM
ivai
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the responses, but I actually got a hold of Laust himself last night, or rather early this morning, and he's been kind enough to ship me a whole new throttle body that he just so happened to reseal recently and get it here by friday

Its people like you guys and Laust who make this forum way more than worth while... Yeah there can be petty arguing, but overall we help each other out.. thats just straight up cool

Quick Reply: WTB: Throttle body shaft