Vac routing issues.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 02:39 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vac routing issues.....

1- Now that I have removed the venturi crap, what do I do with this hose?

2-No idea what this is, What do I do with it?

3-Is is possible to replace the hose going to the wastegate from the top of the car?

Also, look at the second picture, the 2 mounts for what I believe is the ISV snapped clear off. Will I have any problems if I just let this unit sit there without being screwed down? I don't think it will go anywhere, as the hoses will probably hold it in place, but feedback on this would be great.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:08 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as the ISV mounts, mine were broken when I first looked at it, I have no idea how long they were that way, but the ISV didn't go anywhere. That said, I don't think the mounts were more than $10, may as well replace them while you're in there.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:10 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1.) From your picture and my low battery dark monitor I can't tell what that is. Is it just a loose hose? I can't see a connection.

2.) That is a check valve that belongs off the hose from the brake booster to the intake manifold. There should be a connector that connects the two hoses going from the BB to the IM. That hose might be one piece, just cut it in the middle and put that connector and vac line with the check valve in the middle.

3.) There is the connection at the top of the WG under the car, which will be very difficult to remove due to the heat and old age of the hose. So, no. I have never done it and highly doubt it but who am I to say it can't be done.

The bracket for the ISV is also broken on my car, I bet on a lot of these cars. Just remove the bracket and don't worry about it, it will be held in there pretty good.

Good luck.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

To replace that wastegate hose, you only can feed the line to the back of the bay and then let it hang by the wastegate. Then just get under the car and make the connection at the wastegate. I tried to do it from the top, but I just couldnt wiggle my arm down there.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
pikey7
Drifting

As Derek said, to get the hose off the wastegate is a major PITA. IIRC, when i changed mine over, I still had to cut the line even though I had the WG unbolted and in my hand.

Quick Reply: Vac routing issues.....