Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Injector Cleaning Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 05:55 PM
dvs4eva
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Cleaning Service

Had my injectors cleaned by Witchunter, was wondering what everyone thought of the results, I sent them out because my plugs were reading uneven Plug Pics (#1 really rich, #2 Lean, #3 & #4 OK) But now I am not sure that the injectors were the cause... take a look and tell me what you think Injector Results ... If not the injectors then what else could it be??

THANKS!!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:30 AM
brad-cam
Burning Brakes

I also had my injectors cleaned by Witchhunter. Very very good service from them. Your plugs look like they are being oil-fouled. Does your engine burn oil ? Either ring blow-by or valve guides/seals could be the culprit and cause the cylinders to vary. I found one of my plugs really fouled, looked just like your worse one and found that one of the valve seals has come loose from the guide and was just floating on the valve stem - not saying that is what is happening with yours, but goes to show that it could be something you least expect.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:36 AM
dvs4eva
Advanced

The engine does not burn any oil as far as I can see or smell, what I do smell however is a very rich smell, which is what made me think injectors or something fuel related. Did a compression test with a cheap meter and got 130 on all cyls.. all exactly even.. that's a good sign right? thinking the numbers were low because of the cheap meter but that all the #'s were even was good.. I am trying to make sure that this car doesn't need any engine work before I start driving it regularly.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:08 AM
brad-cam
Burning Brakes

Equal 130 psi compression on all cylinders is ok. Not like new, but certainly acceptable. There are other things that can make it run rich such as a faulty DME temperature sensor, but I would think every plug would look the same.

How old are the plugs ? These cars all burn some oil, especially if driven hard (and they run richer when driven hard too) as oil blows through the oil vapor recovery system (or whatever it is called - the equivalent to the PCV system) and there may be some leakage in the turbo bearings. If the engine seems to be running ok, try some new plugs ($2 each NGK's are my favorite) and monitor them for a while to see how they fare.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:18 AM
brad-cam
Burning Brakes

Just saw your other thread where you said your plugs only have 600 miles on them - wow, something is not right. I'll let you know if I think of something...
Old 04-01-2005, 01:22 PM
dvs4eva
Advanced

As far as turbo leakage goes... I pulled the pipe to the intercooler and just a very light film on the inside... so I think I'm OK there too.. Guess my next thing will be to replace to O2 sensor, maybe it went bad because of the FPR which recently failed (before the plugs were replaced)
Old 04-01-2005, 01:24 PM
dvs4eva
Advanced

Default ALSO...

Also, how hard is it to replace the valve seals? how would I check them?
Old 04-01-2005, 02:34 PM
ENGINEERMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Injector Cleaning Services in Minnesota???

Hi:

My 1986 944 Turbo has about 130,000 miles on it. I do not know whether the injectors have ever been cleaned. Since I have just spent a lot of time installing a new Lindsey Racing Fuel Rail and various other updates I figure it may be a good idea. I bought the car last year and do not know if they were ever cleaned anyone know of a good service that does it the ASNU way? I live in Minneapolis. Please advise.

Thanks!
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Injector Cleaning Service