Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

$5 Boost conroller.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Dark Lightning
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmoffitt
with the fittings? with the tubing? mounting bracket? yes ALL of that can be sourced separately and / or fabricated (it's not like that little ring w/ a bent tab is rocket science) but can I go to one place and have it? didn't think so, unless home depot (Racing) started selling vac. tubing too...

look, i know where you are coming from, but i think you are still completely missing my point - there is a reason people are called "value-added resellers" - RE SELLER. key word there buddy.
We agree. You want one-stop shopping, I want a hobby.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Magown
Burning Brakes

I was reading this thread and wanted to replay, with IT IS THE EXACT SAME THING, but it looks like Dark has already covered it.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Pavlo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$100 is for electric boost gauge, similar to those used in EBC, thats why I was comparing the elec. one instead of the mechanical one.
This is more of a ghetto MBC, I personally would rather have this one then overpay for another MBC, and spend the money on something better. But if I had money I would get a EBC (before that I would get a car with FI ).
Old 04-01-2005, 04:08 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have yet to find a EBC i liked, esp. for what they cost. the best was a simple (older) blitz, not the big flashy one w/ the link to the power-meter but the older cheaper one... still getting the timing/response/gain/etc on the solonoid right was tough, spool-up might have been a TAD quicker than any MBC i tried but it seemed spikey or couldn't achieve target boost, no happy medium. the MBC i have is set-it-and-forget-it and came at what i maintain was a PERFECTLY REASONABLE COST. I still maintain that (snobbery aside) if you can't afford the difference between $20 and $50 that a 951 is probably not the best way you should be looking to spend your money...... nobody likes to throw away money but there is such thing as "value" not being the same as "cost" - if you can't see that, too bad for you
Old 04-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Dark Lightning
Pro

An EBC I really enjoyed (and am pissed that I sold it with my last car) was my APEXi AVC-D. Not the new flashy AVC-R, but the older AVC-D. Different boost settings based on rpm (3000, 5000, and 7000 rpm) plus a second adjustable setting based on vehicle speed. For the $100 I paid for it, I never looked back. Had it for two cars and I loved that thing.

Quick Reply: $5 Boost conroller.