Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 overheating...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 09:04 PM
miyagikarate
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 951 overheating...

Alright so I was talking my car for a nice 2 hour drive on the interstate and after about 30 minutes my warning light came on and the temp guage was in the red.

I pull over and let it idle but it doesn't come down. after further investigation I look under the car and there is coolant that has leaked out. But there is plenty of coolant in the resevior. I start it again after it cools down and within a minute it gets hot again... but I ntotice there is no more coolant leaking, but still plenty of coolant in the resevoir.

Maybe two problems going on, one, coolant can't get to the engine, two, coolant that was being used somehow drained..?? Any ideas of what is going on?
Old 03-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Two problems in one:

1) Thermostat is stuck
2) Auxiliary turbo pump has sprung a leak.

P.S. Your username is a riot.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Often air will get in where the coolant gets out. The air/steam expands when hot, keeping the tank full. I'd fix the leak first, and bleed the system, and see if it cools. If not, check the thermostat (and pump). If that checks out, then beware of the dreaded head gasket...
Old 03-29-2005, 04:02 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that, that must suck, well are you seeing any white smoke comeing from ur exhaust or do u see any white spots in the oil. if those are the case then most likey there is very small crack on the head are your head gasket is done. good luck

Quick Reply: 951 overheating...