Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Tiny little thermostat

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 10:49 AM
rcarpen22
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tiny little thermostat

I am doing belts and waterpump and seal this weekend and I've hit a snag. I pulled the old waterpump off and the small thermostat in the plastic housing is broken. None of the local shops are open until Monday to get the part. Where does that line go? Can I run without that small thermostat (not the main one) for a few days until I can order one or get it from the shop?
Thanks,
Rob
Old 03-26-2005, 11:09 AM
jurg
Racer

Yes,Put it back and forget the thermostat, the small one is not essential for the car,take your time to order one,
That line is part of the Turbo water systerm,you can run the car without it,for a long time if you want,and since summer is coming,you can leave it out untill winter time comes around again.
I had it removed fro my car ,but I live in Miami florida and it is summer all year round.
Im sure running it that way will not give you any trouble,hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:43 AM
rcarpen22
Racer

Yes it does help greatly. Thanks. It looks like it would be a pain to get to once I put the fans back in so it was holding up my job.
Rob
Old 03-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

That is the Turbo Thermostat the exact same thing just happened to me. Buy a new one if you want your turbo to be cooled properly... ALSO make sure that small housing has the hole drilled out so water actually goes to the turbo...

You can probably run it with out it but it will just be running water to the turbo all the time... no problem i guess

Quick Reply: Tiny little thermostat