Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

How NOT to use the “Report This Post”

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 08:16 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default How NOT to use the “Report This Post”

Here is the deal – as I’m sick of babysitting a few of the Forums – and I’m pretty certain Pete is as sick of all the “Reported Posts” as I am. So, here are a few suggestions on how NOT to use the “Report this post” feature – which is an icon which looks like this:

Do NOT use that if:

A: You have been flaming someone in that thread, and they Flame you back – and then you decide to “Report “their post”. Sorry – most moderators have an IQ well about our hat size and even more apparent – a keen sense of the obvious. We are not afraid to use either our IQ or our sense of the obvious at our own discretion.

B: About the LAST thing you want to do is tell us that We must immediately BAN XYZ User in your reported post . Frankly – that person will be banned well after you are – if they are banned at all. In short - let us do our jobs, and respect the fact that telling us “how” to do it does little to ingratiate your position, view or opinion. In short – we will ignore you, if we don’t ban you first.

C: Don’t use the “Report this Post” to Flame any Moderator (and “tell” us what to do). Your “keester” will be out faster then a Spammer on Saturday. We don’t get “Combat Pay”. In fact – we get “No Pay”. Respect that we try to do our best – but, we’ll never please 100% of the Forum users 100% of the time. If we could – we’d be in Vegas playing the odds. We are not.

Finally – there is absolutely no reason – whatsoever – that Pete, any Moderator or myself should have to baby sit each and every thread and figure out “who said what to who first”.

I believe what I’m asking is act like mature adults in discussions, threads and posts. And yes – funny enough – that even (moreso?) includes the times when you don’t agree with someone else’s opinion.

John D.

Quick Reply: How NOT to use the “Report This Post”