Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey Boost Enhancer Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 02:54 AM
JR
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lindsey Boost Enhancer Confusion

just picked up a used LBE for my 86 951. Being inquisitive by nature i took it apart to see what makes it work. Inside there's a spring with a small plastic valve. Here's the confusing part. The barbed end of the LBE goes to the banjo bolt on the intercooler pipe. The rubber hose end goes to the line that attaches to the cycling valve. So far so good. Except that in my LBE, the valve seals the line going to the cycling valve with the spring on the banjo bolt side. I would think that the boost pressure coming from the banjo bolt would be used to open the valve. Yet that seems imposible given the current configuration because the boost from the banjo bolt is working against the valve in line with the spring. Maybe mines assembled backwards? Basically the valve is in the red section of the LBE and looks like it belongs there. Any ideas?
Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you positive about that? It looks like you have it in the correct way and your reasoning is correct if the valve was installed the way you say it is. You might want to check again, because the red end is the end you adjust to increase the tension of the spring which in turn pushes against the blue part. Unless your LBE itself is put together wrong. But then I'd think you'd be over boosting, unless your WG is shot.

Quick Reply: Lindsey Boost Enhancer Confusion