Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew951
Same with my gauge - Where is the sending unit located? Is it on the top of the tank, under that cap? I havent looked around for it at all, but if fixing the problem is as easy as cleaning the sending unit, I might as well do that!

I also should have an extra in my parts car, if for some reason mine is beond cleaning. What all do I have to do to clean it?

Thanks,
Matt

Oh - and I normally get somewhere around 330mi on a tank, or I guess closer to 3/4 of a tank, since my gauge never reads full! I think I check my mileage a while back, and it was somewhere in the 23-25mpg range, so pretty respectable I think. My car is also bone stock.

The problem is not the sending unit as I found out. I replaced it with a new one and had the same results. The problem is with the grounds on the car. Replace the battery cables, clean the grounds under the dash as well as those in the rear.

The sending unit is located under the rear hatch area. Lift up the carpet and remove the "tape" coveringthe hole. Remove the electrical connection and unscrew the sending unit. It is a bit%$ to remove as it is plastic attached to a plastic tank ... also the size of it. Be carful when replacing the sending unit to ensure NO GAS FUMES LEAK OUT or we may have a new "rocket powered 951"

My milege to Canadian Gallon on average is 34 to 36 MPG on the highway.

Quick Reply: Mileage per tank?