Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Just bought my second 951! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Tyler951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She is really pretty, congrats on the purchase!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:04 PM
littlejt1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Danny!!

BTW...thanks for the response on the post about my vacuum line trouble...Was trying to get them off and I'll be damned if another one didn't break...good thing I found them!!
Old 03-17-2005, 11:10 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

here are some interior pictures of the car... there are some places showing some wear, but I'll be working on that soon. New floormats, shift ****, recover the dash... etc..
Attached Images    
Old 03-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Tx951Dude
Advanced

Hey, I can tell you guys why you get pulled over for having no front tag. You drive guards red 951s, lol. My black car slips right by the fuzz and they haven't paid me any attention, yet. I live in Richardson and believe me, the cops here are WAY more attentive to things like that they can could possibly be in Arlington. If they stop me I'll just tell them that they need to pull over every freaking C5 and C6 Corvette in the area since NONE of those cars have their front tags installed!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey 951dude...where in Richardson do you live? right now i live in mesquite but we're moving out there in a couple months...
Old 03-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Tx951Dude
Advanced

Jake, I live in old Richardson between Spring Valley and Beltline, on the East side of 75. There's some old stick in the mud driving a white 951 so if you see him, don't bother trying to get his attention. I was driving on Beltline about two months ago and saw him in my rear view. I slowed down to allow him to catch up and the dude never even looked over! I'm not that sort so if you see a black 951 in Richardson then it's probably me!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:58 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

New floormats are on the way! I ordered from that USSpec website, but they are LLoyd Porsche Licensed floormats.. black with red "turbo" script, both front and rear.. when they come in, I need to find a good place to detail for me. Anyone know of a good place that you've actually taken your porsche to in dallas/ft. worth area?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:57 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tx951Dude
Jake, I live in old Richardson between Spring Valley and Beltline, on the East side of 75. There's some old stick in the mud driving a white 951 so if you see him, don't bother trying to get his attention. I was driving on Beltline about two months ago and saw him in my rear view. I slowed down to allow him to catch up and the dude never even looked over! I'm not that sort so if you see a black 951 in Richardson then it's probably me!
hahaha oh my god its so funny you say this. I have ran into that guy several times. He is a jerk. He lives in the aprtments over off of beltine in richardson just past shiloh(spell?). Anyways its white with white wheels and he has pretty much ignored me on several occasions.

Okay your literally just 5 minutes down the road from me. We need to gtg. Me and danny we be getting together on tuesday...is there anyway you can join up. We are dropping his car off. I was thinking of getting something to eat and getting to know each other a little better....if your a new 951 owner or new to rennlist we would very much like to meet you.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:00 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Danny I know of several places but, they are all in my neck of the woods. Unless you wanted to drive for an hour to get there.lol.

Oh btw yesterday you were right!!! I was confused and when I went to go home I went west instead of east.....lol. So I had a 10-15minute detour on my hands.hahaha.

It was the weridest thing I actually ran into one of my friends coming back from kennedale speedway. So me and him just cruised together all the way home. I was out in the middle of nowhere and I look beside me and he is laughing his butt off. What are the odds.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:06 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

I ran into a white 951 on a lonely road in Burleson and gave him the flash...and nothing!

Originally Posted by Tx951Dude
Hey, I can tell you guys why you get pulled over for having no front tag. You drive guards red 951s, lol. My black car slips right by the fuzz and they haven't paid me any attention, yet. I live in Richardson and believe me, the cops here are WAY more attentive to things like that they can could possibly be in Arlington. If they stop me I'll just tell them that they need to pull over every freaking C5 and C6 Corvette in the area since NONE of those cars have their front tags installed!
I hear you on the color thing, and the license thing...but I still got flak from my Black 28S. But what you don't realize on the C5/C6 slash anything not Americana....you are driving a Foreign sports car, that makes a huge difference. You become a trophy for the fuzz to talk about...."You should have seen this (insert your car here) I pulled over! ....or you should have seen this (insert, Camaro,Corvette,Mustang)...I don't think so.

I agree Richardson can be dangerous...but live in Arlington...and watch the shadows, if you can find an alley or a bridge the fuzz trolls are there.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:54 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

hey testarossa, we need to gtg too since you are in arlington. you know a good place to get detail work done around here?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:55 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

very funny, john.. I was thinking after you left,.. "I wonder if he was just turned around and heads back west on I-20..." sorry about that. Cool though that you ran into your friend. That's crazy.

Quick Reply: Just bought my second 951! (pics)