Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Who is doing what to their car this week?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 03:41 PM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I installed a Vitesse MAF/chips/SMT6 this weekend. The install was very straight forward. I needed John's help with the software, what a patient guy.

Waiting for PS rack & pump to come back from Blaszak. I can't wait to get the car on the road for some AF tuning.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:59 PM
ewainwright
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finished replacing my head gasket. Collateral damage, I messed up my high side fuel line (marred the finished). Its not leaking or anything, I just want it to look good. Check for replacement is in the mail.

The three-angle valve grind affected my A/F ratios again? This time I’ am going to start running at 12.9 A/F @ 3K (before 3.5K) Made an appointment with a Mustang dyno ($125 first hour 75 thereafter).

Ordered sound proofing material from Summit Racing, the three-inch exhaust is loud. However, there is some extra power and spool up is quicker (pass the boost pipe here please)

Autosintl.com stated that they make form rugs for our cars. Requested sample of the 91111 Parchment rug. Does anyone have any experience with this company?

Next is the leather steering wheel (best place). Does anyone have a spare that I could use?

Ordering seal for the balance shafts so my car can be oil leak free (yea right - I am dreaming).

Tom thanks for your write up another issue to adress. Anyone know the part number?

Overall extremely happy with the way Baby is running

Last edited by ewainwright; 02-27-2005 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:00 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ski
Wow...OK, the Mahle 100.5mm pistons are off to LR to be moly coated on the skirts and thermal coated on the top and then backed, returned to me. The block, already done to 100.5 is going to Duffin Engine in San Antonio soon to have a retreatment of the bores, just a slight clean and then hone in Alusil. The main and rod bearings are teflon coated and ready to go.

The "spare" block is going to Jim (jwl) who is getting ready to build a 2.8 stroker with Vitesse Stage IV kit on it. The short block coming out of his car will be a "SPARE" for the track car. The short block coming out of my car is going to be built utilizing 101mm TC pistons and possibly a lightened crank and then it will just be a "spare", along with the DME/KLR and new wiring harness - or is some rennlister has another Perry951.

Jim just finished a motor for a buddy in Corpus Christi who blew the headgasket at TWS 2 months ago. Duffin did the block work, 101.5 pistons from TC, LR head and cross drilled crank. This guy bought Jim's stage II Vitesse kit, they fired the car yesterday, one small oil leak and one small water leak - repaired now and the car idles perfect and started on the first try.
"ring around the engines...whew!"
Got a spare to sell? LOL!
Old 02-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

I've been working on the 928. Tuneup, oil change, front tires, and I fixed a small exhaust leak. The tuneup took a while, I had to order plug wires, caps, and rotors. I checked the timing belt and changed the coolant while I was at it. To do the plug wires, you have to drain the coolant and pull the radiator hoses. It seems like a lot of work but the wires last a long, long time and it's good to have a peek at the timing belt anyway.

Now I think I'll go for a spin.
-Joel.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:32 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Dream about driving it!

Na, I'm gonna finally bring #2 home and swap the rims onto #1. Remove exhaust header and try to decide what parts i'm going to need to get it going.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:34 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Hopefully fix the vacuum leak, and maybe get it aligned. If I got that done, I could take it for a drive for the first time in 4 months.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ewainwright
Tom thanks for your write up another issue to adress. Anyone know the part number?
If you're referring to the plastic door linkage, it's 944.537.511.00
Old 02-27-2005, 05:29 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

My daughter was rear ended in Charlotte last weekend so I spent the better part of the day using the old maple tree and a come-a-long pulling the rear back the 2 inches it was smashed and realigning her trunk and bumper.
You laugh, but its amasing how good it looks. Only a little crease in the bumper cover where the paint cracked.
So my car wouldnt feel left out, I did give her a tranny oil change and a good wash and wax
Old 02-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Honkity Hank
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Installing LSD transaxle out of a turbo-s this week, prepping car for DE in two weeks, just changed oil and filter.

Still trying to find a fix for my glove box door that refuses to stay shut for more than a few miles or over bumping roads.

Wondering if putting money into this car is ever a good idea, but continue to do it anyway since it is such a great handling POS on the track.

Re-reading Speed Secrets and Inner Speed Secrets by Ross Bentley.

Going to bike night at the Vortex on my '66 Bonneville if the weather is good.

Not a bad week coming up aferall.

Jeff
Old 02-27-2005, 06:28 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

Karl, I have a line on an oven for the garage. I figure between powdercoating and heating hubs for bearing replacements, it would be a good acquistion.

And I have an easy work week planned, so I should make it! Can I request a Guiness at McBrides? lol

Regards,
Old 02-27-2005, 06:47 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Haha, works for me
Old 02-27-2005, 07:13 PM
daniel951
Race Car

i already finished most of the work but installed the safcII, blitz SBC-id, Techedge wideband, Fix power steering leak and run stainless braided lines, tune it and take it to the dyno
Old 02-27-2005, 07:16 PM
TRACKIN951
Burning Brakes

About to get started tackling the suspension! New 28mm torsion bars, Koni's all around, hypercoil height adjustable kit with 275lbs springs. Then im about to ordering up some new Yokohama tires shortly.
Im so ready for this winter to GO AWAY!! Hopefully there is a big difference in the handling of my car(with the blown shocks and awful tires and all)

Question, would you guys recommend replacing bushings while im in there with the Delrin bushings. Are they noisy for the street? Any tips would be great for I only feel like doing this once right now!!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:25 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Just finished installing the tial 38mm wastegate. Not too tough of a job, but working at temperatures below freezing takes it's toll on the body.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:26 PM
yoyoguy2
Racer

i'm putting my new manual steering rack on, at the same time reinstalling the lower crossmember so i can take the 4x4's out of the engine bay. if all goes well i'll also do the oil cooler seals and get the crossover pipe back on by the end of the week. it's all downhill from here i hope...

Quick Reply: Who is doing what to their car this week?