Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

THE BEST PRICE 55LB INJECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Re-animator
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it just clever marketting? Someone here must know better.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:32 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jfrahm
So when they match them, what do they do?
-Joel.
Send an email off to RC engineering....I'm sure they will give a thorough/credible answer.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Re-animator
Racer

From RC Engineering's website.

"Standard Services

The purpose of cleaning and flow-testing is to 1) remove any contaminants inside or outside the injector that impede fuel flow or degrade fuel spray pattern 2) to accurately measure each injector's fuel flow ability and 3) acquire quantitative data on injector performance the vehicle owner can use in matching injectors or tuning the engine's fuel system.

Any set of fuel injectors will benefit from RC Engineering's clean and flow service, This is even true of new injectors because the individual-injector and system-total fuel flows must be known for performance tuning purposes. It is not uncommon for a set of original equipment (OE) injectors to have an unacceptably wide range of fuel flow and it's possible to even have new injectors that do not function properly. RC's standard testing process identifies those problematic injectors.

The test process is as follows: first, your injectors are installed on RC Engineering's custom- designed-and-built, computer-controlled injector flow-testing equipment. A unique, non-flammable, gasoline-like test fluid is pumped at a precisely-controlled pressure through the injectors while they are pulsed by injector-drivers built into the equipment. The volume of fuel passed through the injector is accurately measured for a set amount of time and from those figures, fuel flow is derived. During the flow- test, the injector spray patterns are visually inspected and analyzed by RC's technicians using both bright room and strobe lights.

After the initial flow-test, your injectors are transferred to an ultrasonic cleaning machine and connected to injector drivers. They are submerged in cleaning solution and pulsed while being subjected to ultrasonic waves. The combination of the solution and the ultrasound aggressively clean the internal and external parts of the injectors.

Finally, the now-clean injectors are reinstalled on the flow-tester and run again. At the conclusion of the test, a printed report is produced. This report lists: fuel flow rates (in pounds-per-hour and cubic centimeters per minute) before and after cleaning, and spray pattern assessments for each injector tested. Also included is the "system balance" number which is the flow difference, expressed in a percentage, between the injectors having the highest and lowest flow rates amongst the lot of injectors tested. The system's total fuel delivery in lbs/hr. and cc/min along with a computation of potential horsepower at three different brake specific fuel consumption rates concludes the report.

The charge for RC Engineering's standard clean-flow-balance service is $24.00 - $28.50 per injector, depending on the type of injector. If overnight shipping is used, the turnaround time is three days. "
Old 02-23-2005, 07:19 AM
punchy951
Cruisin'

Hello

Can you give the address of the web site Boost and Fuel.com (I do not find it)

Have you a references Siemens or Delphi in 55 lbs

Last edited by punchy951; 02-23-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Mercedesben
Burning Brakes

WWW.BOOSTANDFUEL.COM
Old 02-23-2005, 11:18 AM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jfrahm
So when they flow match injectors, what exactly do they do? I am not aware of an adjustment on the injector.

I would suppose that straight from the factory injectors from the same production batch are flow matched. One would think the product is tested and performs to a specification. Only later in life would I expect some drift from that spec.

So when they match them, what do they do?

-Joel.
I'm sure what they do is pull injectors from a large lot and keep 4 of them together that are within a couple percent of each other. This isn't exactly "flow matched", but I'd assume that's what they do.

From the manufacturer, all parts within 1 lot (same build) could have as much as 5% difference in static flow (100% duty cycle) and 3-5% dynamic flow (lower duty cycle).
Old 02-23-2005, 11:59 AM
punchy951
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Mercedesben
Thank you
Old 02-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Another source of matched injectors that are priced to sell.

http://www.racetronix.com/
Old 02-25-2005, 03:39 AM
Re-animator
Racer

Originally Posted by beab951
Another source of matched injectors that are priced to sell.

http://www.racetronix.com/
Cool. Would the 12 Ohm high impedance ones hurt the drivers or require any wiring mods like the 2.8 Ohm ones?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:13 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

And with that enter the resistor debate...
Old 02-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

The DME can drive the high impedance ones but they are NOT used in the series 944. I guess you can use them if you have an aftermarket controller, and develop your own fuel/timing maps for them. I haven’t heard of anyone going that direction but maybe someone will pipe in. If you don't run the car hard, long runs on the track, you do not have to put in the resistors. The resistor just take some of the heat away from the drivers in the DME, a good thing in my mind.

Last edited by Bri Bro; 02-28-2005 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-26-2005, 05:28 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Yup, I used resistors with my Siemens injectors for that reason. I dont want to fry a driver in my Link!
Old 02-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Re-animator
Racer

Originally Posted by beab951
The DME can drive the high impedence ones but they are NOT used in 944. I guess you can use them if you have own on controller and developed the maps for them. I havn't heard of anyone going the direction but maybe someone will pipe in. If you don't run the car hard, long runs on the track, you do not have to put in the resistors. The resistor just take some of the heat away from the drivers in the DME, a good thing in my mind.
Thanks for the info guys.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Brett
Addict
Rennlist Member

I checked lindsey racing and racetronix and lindsey is selling the same injectors for almost double the price!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:11 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally Posted by Brett
I checked lindsey racing and racetronix and lindsey is selling the same injectors for almost double the price!

Quick Reply: THE BEST PRICE 55LB INJECTORS