Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

To those that deleted their turbo water cooling.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 04:23 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To those that deleted their turbo water cooling.

Can anyone splice of the wire and top part to the turbo water temp censor from their non water cooled cars? or better yet a parts car 951? mine is torn at the base, and I want to fix this. Thanks!
~Eyal
Old 02-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Just get different sensor with a regular male terminal at the end. This is quite commonly done.
Ahmet
Old 02-17-2005, 05:09 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks! I'm really not good with this electrical stuff. what should i tell a clerk at the hardware store that will end up with me having the right part in hand? I can solder it myself. (Isn't it scary that I'm going to install my wideband this weekend!)
~Eyal
Old 02-17-2005, 06:46 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why did you delete the turbo water cooling? Are you fitting a larger turbo?
Old 02-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Luis, he didn't delete the water cooling to his turbo, he's asking for a part that would be left over from somebody else's delete.

Eyal, you need a specific part #, unless you want to take your old sensor in and try to match it (may take a while). I don't have it off hand right now, many of the vendors can provide you one (but with significant mark up). I have very limited internet use for the next 2 weeks or so as part of a project I'm participating in, but if you haven't found it at that point, I could help you out (e-mail me if it comes to that). Hopefully somebody will just post the part # here.

PS: The "change" to another style sensor is usually done for clearance when used on a bigger turbo. Also, you may try modifying a female connector from another application, and modify it a bit, or maybe even a butt connector (sp?).
Ahmet

Quick Reply: To those that deleted their turbo water cooling.