Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

rich condition at idle causing stalls

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:51 AM
shmark
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rich condition at idle causing stalls

Couple of questions. My car has 55# injectors, adjustable FPR, Lindsey MAFterburner, and Uego wideband sensor/display among other things. I'm having a problem with it going full-rich (beyond sensor range) when the throttle is closed, so much so that the car will stall when pulling up to a stoplight.

When cruising and I lift the throttle, you can see it go rich and the only thing keeping it running is the fact that I'm moving. Starting the car, it will idle perfectly at 1k, but rev it a couple of times and you're sure to stall. It's almost impossible to keep it running when coming to a stop, which means the battery gets a workout restarting the car!

I've downloaded the software for the mafterburner and will hopefully get a chance to take a look this evening. Any ideas?

One more question. After traveling more than 1000 miles, I noticed a little smoke coming from below the header. This only happend right at the end of the trip, and definitely looks like oil smoke. Where should I start looking?

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by shmark
One more question. After traveling more than 1000 miles, I noticed a little smoke coming from below the header. This only happend right at the end of the trip, and definitely looks like oil smoke. Where should I start looking? Thanks.
Cam tower gasket.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Charlotte944
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the TPS. When the throttle plate closes the TPS sends a "Throttle closed" signal to the DME. This signal tells the DME monitor engine RPM, and if the RPMs are too high (like in a Trailing Throttle or Over Run condition) the DME turns the injectors off until the RPMs drop to "normal."

Quick Reply: rich condition at idle causing stalls