Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005 | 10:39 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Buying used???

Few of you emailed me inquiring about support and warranty when you buy a used Vitesse component. I wanted to post this, so I don't have to explain the policy over and over again..

Support and limited warranty is for the original owner only!!! Please read our policy on the web site...

NOTE: Last year, as instructed by a customer, I shipped a complete (old design) Stage 2 kit to a so-called shop in FL. Shipping company delivered the product, by leaving it in front of the facility door during lunch hour, it's a gated facility. The shop owner (often advertises in the classifieds), claims the box was stolen... Customer received another kit, I had to eat most of the cost.

So if you purchase a Stage 2 kit (maybe unused), I recommend you contact me first as you might be purchasing stolen merchandise...
Old 02-11-2005 | 10:50 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

That makes sense to me. Vitesse would be out of business quickly if they provided support upon each subsequent owner. Who knows what condition the used items is sold in? Vitesse would also have to deal with a potentially infinite number of installation processes.

I am pretty certain that it is implied that all used goods come without warranty or support from the original source. The only case where this is not true is where the original source explicitly indicates otherwise. (such as a transferrable warranty on a new car)

John, it is a good idea to clarify this as many, I am certain, are not aware.

Max
Old 02-11-2005 | 11:05 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you Max, I couldn't have explained it any better.
Old 02-11-2005 | 11:53 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fast951
Support and limited warranty is for the original owner only!!! Please read our policy on the web site...
That is vitually every company's policy, I cant believe people would even ask for warranty or support when buying used
Old 02-11-2005 | 12:17 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think that it might be cuased by a combination of used sellers offering Vitesse's support to potential buyers and Vitesse's reputation for offering good customer service. Some buyers might think they are getting a great deal because they can get a good price on not only a good kit but a kit with great service. That is part of the intrinsic value in a NEW Vitesse kit. Unfortunately, that value expires upon use.

Max

Quick Reply: Buying used???