Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 Tuning Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 04:29 PM
denver951
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 951 Tuning Problems

Well first off I would like to say I am new to these boards and new to owning a turbo 944. I searched the boards for a bit and found some topics but nothing that really answers my qwuestion. I bought it out of LA back in December. The guy I purchased it from did not know everything that was on the car (other than he knew it was a bigger turbo but didnt know which one). The car also has a split second ARC2 on it. I have tried tuning it and it just sucks. I recently had it on the dyno last weekend and trying to tune it with a wideband sensor was a little better but I can not dial in this ARC2. I have purchased the PSC1 from split second but I dont have the time to tune it, or know how to install it on an already installed universal MAF with the ARC2 from split second. Does anyone have the tuning maps already figured out for the PSC1 that I could use for a base line and tune it from there. I live in Denver and if there is anyone that can help me with this please help. It will be greatly appreciated. I jsut want the car to run smooth and healthy. Let me know if anyone can help.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:04 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Best bet might be using the search function for this one, most people have upgraded their arc2 systems to newer technology. But it is possible to get the car running well with it, it just takes time to tune. I know there is data out there. What turbo do you have?
Old 02-02-2005, 10:39 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I used the arc2 in the past. Believe it or not you really could get a very good fuel curve with it. You will need an afpr to help dial it in. I recently purchased the psc1 for my new car. It's installed and I'm running .8 bar boost. I was sent a fuel map by dlgranison. I believe his car is pretty much stock. I have not tried it yet because of all the snow and salt on the roads. I don't want to get salt on my new wheels.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:48 AM
daniel951
Race Car

i am located in pueblo colorado which is only a couple of hours away from you. i went the the dyno to tune my car with teh arc-2 and had some problems. Talk to danno from guru racing and see if you can get one of my chips that he burned for me to match up with yours. I am going to be heading up to denver soon to help a another turbo rennlister with his car so let me know and see if i can help u too at the same time. Plus i will be going to the dyno again up there to see what kind of power i am making. what did u make on the dyno?
Old 02-03-2005, 05:56 PM
denver951
3rd Gear

thanks for the replies guys. daniel 951 my buddy should be calling you today or i might to set up a time where we can meet and check out this car. the turbo on there i think is a garret t3/t4, but i dont know for sure. i know its not the stock turbo. the car made 269 wheel hp at 5 psi, and like 276 tq. we couldnt get the air fuel to work out so we just got it to be able so nothing bad would happen at 5 psi and run it around until it gets a real tune on it. thanks again for the replies
Old 02-03-2005, 09:27 PM
daniel951
Race Car

didn't get a call today. i will be waiting for it though. i am surprised you can run that low of boost. u must not have an upgraded wastegate unless your spring is really low.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

I've run an ARC2 with Huntley turbo and MAF for years. I think you are on the right path thinking about chips. I struggled for a long long time trying to flatten the a/f curve with the ARC2. I finally ended up getting a set of chips from Vitesse (to replace the Autothority Stage 2 chips) and it made all the difference in the world.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:49 AM
denver951
3rd Gear

sorry i didnt get to calling you today. i was busy doing some work so my friday will be fairly easy. i will make sure i call you tomorrow daniel. its 5psi, thats what the boost guage says, there is an aftermarket one that i am reading from. the car needs to be looked at by someone that knows their stuff. i hate buying premodded cars but i couldnt beat the price and the mileage. hopefully we will get this car sorted out.

Quick Reply: 951 Tuning Problems