Old 01-17-2005 | 04:31 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sam Lin
No, you're under budgeted.

Sam
Yup.

Too many people out there want to buy a modded car for less then the cost of the mods themselves. I thought about selling mine to finance my next project but have since decided to drive it until the wheels fall off. I would be insulted if someone offered me 12K for it.
Old 01-17-2005 | 09:32 PM
Kesepton
Racer

Originally Posted by Sam Lin
No, you're under budgeted.

Sam

well, I dont mind buying one for 20grand if i think its worth it, but i dont mind looking to buy one for 7 grand if i think its worth it. Im just looking for something where the price meets the car, some of the cars on there are either not what im looking for or arnt worth what i think they are asking. Maybe im lowballing all the prices too much?
Old 01-18-2005 | 12:13 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Mine is for sale and going on the blocks at the russo and steele auction that's running in conjuction with the barrett jackson auction next weekend. My motor alone was 40 grand though. Don't know how much you want to spend. I'm in San Diego expanding my business here so the car has to go.
Both auction houses think they can get six figures for it. I don't think so. They advised me to put a
50 grand reserve on it. It's worth every penny of that. My car is the dream machine and will kick some major *** to the track and back. You really have to decide on how much you want to spend. I also know some other cars here that are highly modified and look to get considerably more than 20 grand. A few have replied to your post. Oh, you can finance my car and it comes with a warranty from Powerhaus as well.
Old 01-18-2005 | 12:46 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Yup.

Too many people out there want to buy a modded car for less then the cost of the mods themselves. I thought about selling mine to finance my next project but have since decided to drive it until the wheels fall off. I would be insulted if someone offered me 12K for it.

Same here, and I am about to buy new wheels, so it will be a while!
Old 01-18-2005 | 11:41 AM
Kesepton
Racer

DFASTEST951: Read your signiture, namley the "Rides encouraged...bring your own diaper. It's true, there really is no substitute."

Mind if I did a ride along sometime? Your car at six figures sounds like too much car for me now. Maybe in the future, but id probably just crash and burn.
Old 01-18-2005 | 06:02 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Kesepton, I'm here in San Diego. You can get a ride anytime except I don't have it with me. Driving the beemer. It's going up for auction like I said. If it doesn't go and you ever come up to Vegas, we can go for a run anytime. Since I'm starting a business here in SD, I'll be here a lot and if the car doesn't go, I'll be driving it out here too so we can get together then. Six figures is a lot to me as well. Like I said, I love the car and think it's worth a lot, but I don't know about that much. Hey, wait! I just remembered. My best friend is selling his car. Looks Identical to mine. Difference is his interior is tan and he has minimal mods. I think he's pulling about 350 hp. If interested, you can pm me and I'll get you his number. He's **** about the upkeep. Put 22 grand in repairs in last year alone. Looking to get 17 grand I think. Let me know.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy YOUR car