Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

pagid orange or pagid street pads?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 10:58 PM
sayporsha
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear the orange are very effective on the track, but that they tend to eat up the rotors.
On the contrary, the Orange are very rotor-friendly. The trade-off is they are very dusty.

They do squeal like piggies. However, after I rotated mine front/rear to even out the wear, they stopped squealing. Chamfering the leading/trailing edges helps quiet them down, but in doing so you give up surface area.

Because they stop like stink I tolerate all of this, but I am open to trying other pads designed for street/track duty.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Dan Hovang
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently I use Performance Friction (PFC97 compound) on my 951 and they work very well on track. They give very good feel making it easy to modulate. They dust and squeal like hell. Compared to Pagid Blue they bite better when cold. When warm they are comparable. After 10-12 hours of track time there's more than half of the pads left.

I would not use racing pads on a street car. If using the car most on street, but occasionally on track, I would use OEM pads. They are designed for exactly that.

Quick Reply: pagid orange or pagid street pads?