Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Any News on Powerwerks new product range

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 12:54 AM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sounds real real nice. now get some clips in the car on the road, including WOT.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:49 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Very nice looking
Ed
Old 01-26-2005, 02:01 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

Any ballpark pricing on that exhaust yet? Sounds and looks like a very well made product.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:46 PM
PowerWerks
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

patrat,
We intend to do this...... but us poor people here in the North East have about 2 feet of snow right now. So soon as the roads are a little more accommodating, we will be getting some in-car, drive by and more out side pics, sounds and movies! Also Dyno, in-car real time data and the weight savings will be posted.
We did take 4 videos last night but they came out too dark... otherwise I would post one.

2Tight,
We are avid enthusiast and take a great amount of pride in what were are doing.
We have really tried to build the best quality item possible........ we have taken the time and put in the effort to make our products some of the best available.
The cat back will retail around $685.

The sound clip does not do the exhaust justice....... the sound clip was taken on a Sony digital camera so the quality is not great.
A few Porsche/951 folks who we know attended last night and were smiling from ear to ear when we fired it up!
For an otherwise stock car, our cat back added a true rumble with an even mellow note... it is louder than stock but not a considerable amount.
The comments made were "this is how a Porsche should sound"

I will soon post a release date and start taking orders soon.

Cheers,
Paul R
Old 01-27-2005, 09:53 PM
gstein
Instructor

I own a 1987 944S with only internal engine modifications.
Are your carbon intake parts available for only the 951?

I am mainly interested in the intake parts you mentioned earlier,
but, your carbon hood and door skins have caught my attention too.

Any warranty information on these parts?

Best Regards,
Ben Goldstein
Old 01-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Carbon fiber intake ?? I didn't see that one ??
Yummm
Ed
Old 01-28-2005, 12:12 AM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!

Uh, Ben - what's going on with the front of that car in your avatar? That's a look I haven't seen before. Looks cool. Pls tell us more abt it.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:00 PM
gstein
Instructor

ahh, the avatar.
That is only there to drool over. Its not real, just one of my better photochops, I have a real nice high res if you would like, buy it is just a tease.

Best Regards,
Benjamin Goldstein
Old 02-02-2005, 11:21 PM
N_Halbert
Rennlist Member

Paul,
Have you considered becoming a dealer for UltraShield seats? I have been looking at these but there are no dealers in the Northeast to but test.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:32 AM
PowerWerks
Instructor

Hello Neil,

Its certainly something we can consider...... if there is a particular part you are looking for let me know.

We have accounts with large race/motorsport warehouse and wholesale stores...... they carry almost any brand name you can think of.
So I may be already set up to get these products...... let me check.

Cheers,
Paul R
Old 02-03-2005, 11:36 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Paul,

When are you going to update the website? Any new news?
Old 02-03-2005, 11:41 AM
pieball
Racer

Yeah, if it's going be June, then just say so! It's getting a little rediculous already!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:45 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Yeah, if it's going be June, then just say so! It's getting a little rediculous already!"

lol...tough crowd around here...but...what he said.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:01 PM
PowerWerks
Instructor

Well folks, you cant rush quality or R&D.................testing and tweaking takes a lot of time.

We have products ready and could quiet easily be selling them.... but unlike most vendors we like to fully test, fit and dyno or products before we put them on sale.

We do not intend to rush anything and sacrifice quality and hard data...... that's the whole point of us being in business, to offer service and parts above and beyond what is already on the market.

We will be adding a WBO2 / data acquisition system and a GPS based in-car telemetry system in the next few days.
More additions will be made to the site once we return from the Club race at Sebring.

Sorry for the wait......

Best Regards,
Paul R
Old 02-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Dark Lightning
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PowerWerks
Mikeaagesen,
We actually contacted a number of manufactures concerning WB systems, Zeitronix being one of them. We have not made our own unit..... as there is no need to.

After reviewing, testing and running some of these systems we found there is a big difference between unit to unit.
The unit we will be carrying is certainly to most comprehensive unit on the market and came highly recommended by some of the top level guys in the tuning field.
It has about 80% accuracy of an actual dyno setup and can work along side other electronics/data logging apparatus.

The unit has 5 internal sensors that capture Manifold Air Pressure (MAP or Boost), Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) or Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT), RPM conversion (from a tach signal or inductive clamp), Acceleration, and Injector Duty Cycle (or Dwell). The internal MAP sensor is a 3-bar absolute pressure sensor, providing accurate data up to 44.1 PSIA. The temperature measurement circuit features a K-type thermocouple. The internal accelerometer features 2 axis measurements for a variety of mounting options. Can also be linked into a GPS system.

Basically this is a complete 6-channel, 44-minute performance tuning and data acquisition system, with self-calibrating circuitry that also compensates for changes in temperature, altitude, and sensor condition...... all of this will retail for less than $600.
And yes, there is round gauge that could be mounted in a side pod.

I'm going to assume this is the Innovate Motorsports LMA-3 you're describing? I have one very important question about their injector duty cycle logging: have you used this feature on a 944/951 yet?

The reason I ask is on their site they state it works with all high-impedance injectors and *some* low impedance injectors. I'm interested in buying the LMA-3 but only if it will work on my car.

Quick Reply: Any News on Powerwerks new product range