Any News on Powerwerks new product range

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 01:58 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

944 fanatic:

I have to agree with you, that hood is sweet! Damn, I can't wait to see some of their other pieces for our 951s!

Tifosiman: That sure is a sweet Cup Car. Either that car was in a glass box, or it was just repainted. That thing is MINT looking, Jesus!
Old 01-19-2005, 02:04 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Rob,

It belongs to a friend of mine here locally. It is nice to have such a pristine TurboCup car within a few miles of my house for reference when I have a project.

It was never raced, it was the spare car for the Candadian Rothman's Cup series. It's probably the cleanest, most un-molested Cup Car out there. If you have ever seen any Cup videos, you know that they have all led a hard life if they were raced at all..........LOL.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:15 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tifo, is that part of the much-lauded Taj Ma Garaj collection?

I'd love to come see that one of these days. Lots of drool-worthy machines...

OT but, Any chance you can email me a hi-res copy of the picture you posted a while back of your car in the Taj Garaj?

TIA
Old 01-19-2005, 04:33 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 944 Fanatic
Hey Tifo, is that part of the much-lauded Taj Ma Garaj collection?

I'd love to come see that one of these days. Lots of drool-worthy machines...

OT but, Any chance you can email me a hi-res copy of the picture you posted a while back of your car in the Taj Garaj?

TIA
Yep, that is one of John's cars at the Taj (www.tajmagaraj.com). We will be having a big event there in early June (Taj Speedfest) and also a waterpumper rally and show/shine there in July of this year. I can keep you posted.

I have 3 shots of the car in there, the digital camera was on it's last legs so they are "adequate". I have a much better camera now, I will need to take more.

http://members.rennlist.com/tifosiman/Taj1.JPG

http://members.rennlist.com/tifosiman/Taj2.JPG

http://members.rennlist.com/tifosiman/Taj3.JPG
Old 01-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Tifo that is one sweet garage and one sweet 944! I just love it!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:18 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bump Big Time!

Old 01-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Paul, Are you going to have a cat bypass available for 951s?? I have a project going and I am local so I would like to support you.
Steve
Old 01-20-2005, 12:34 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Its great to see a vendor that has complete plans on dyno proving and even video footage on his products... Its a pretty rare thing out there...
Old 01-20-2005, 01:21 AM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

About the WB system you mentioned. I am curious about the display your designing. What do you expect it to look like? Will it fit in an A-pillar or are you making a square one like zeitronix? Sorry, I am just antzy(sp?) to get a WB system now that I have money.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:08 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

May i ask, why are those hood pins used for? a number of cars here have them and i was thinking that there were primarily for show.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:19 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
May i ask, why are those hood pins used for? a number of cars here have them and i was thinking that there were primarily for show.
The ambassador does not know ?

There are used to secure the hood because they have a tendency to fly towards your windshield at higher speeds...........
Old 01-20-2005, 03:37 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
The ambassador does not know ?

There are used to secure the hood because they have a tendency to fly towards your windshield at higher speeds...........

hehe
Old 01-20-2005, 03:57 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Hardy har

Heads up, none of the hood pins i saw here have any means of support to the frame to keep the hood down, ie they are used for show here, that's why i asked
Old 01-20-2005, 12:37 PM
PowerWerks
Instructor

Livefreeandrive,

Yes, we have a cat bypass in the works. It should be available in the next week or two.
All our designs utilizes V-Band clamps for fast installation/removal and is available in a 3inch and 4inch version.
Our cat bypass actually has the option of a removable cat section...... simply unhook 2 V-Band clamps and drop in a straight pipe.
Good option for those of you who have tough inspection days!
I will keep you posted and let you know the release date.

NZ951,
You are correct...... we are going to show pictures, video footage, dyno and 3D Solid Works Engineering drawings for all of our products.
We are also attending many of the major races PCA and SCCA events (starting in Feb at Sebring PCA Club Race) where we will be racing our cars with our products installed.
We are welcoming people to come check out our cars, products and meet us.

Mikeaagesen,
We actually contacted a number of manufactures concerning WB systems, Zeitronix being one of them. We have not made our own unit..... as there is no need to.

After reviewing, testing and running some of these systems we found there is a big difference between unit to unit.
The unit we will be carrying is certainly to most comprehensive unit on the market and came highly recommended by some of the top level guys in the tuning field.
It has about 80% accuracy of an actual dyno setup and can work along side other electronics/data logging apparatus.

The unit has 5 internal sensors that capture Manifold Air Pressure (MAP or Boost), Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) or Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT), RPM conversion (from a tach signal or inductive clamp), Acceleration, and Injector Duty Cycle (or Dwell). The internal MAP sensor is a 3-bar absolute pressure sensor, providing accurate data up to 44.1 PSIA. The temperature measurement circuit features a K-type thermocouple. The internal accelerometer features 2 axis measurements for a variety of mounting options. Can also be linked into a GPS system.

Basically this is a complete 6-channel, 44-minute performance tuning and data acquisition system, with self-calibrating circuitry that also compensates for changes in temperature, altitude, and sensor condition...... all of this will retail for less than $600.
And yes, there is round gauge that could be mounted in a side pod.

I would always recommend setting a car up using a full dyno facility and someone who knows what they are doing.... but this unit can provide much of the same information, data logging and accuracy needed for self measurement and diagnosis. If you intend to run a WB system so that you can keep tabs on what is going on.... then this is the best unit we found to do this.
It will be added to the website and become available shortly.

hosrom_951,
A lot of people do run these purely for look on the street...... these are only stuck on pieces.
The guys who race are actually running the real thing.
The biggest down side to running the real thing on the street..... unwanted persons can remove the 2 safety pins and have easy access to under the hood! There is no provision to lock and secure the hood as the stock release is not used.

Cheers,
Paul R
Old 01-26-2005, 12:23 AM
PowerWerks
Instructor

Hi Folks,

Thought I would share some sound clips and pictures of our new cat back.
Tonight was our final fit and test..... we are making one small 1/2 inch adjustment to bring the tip just a little more out the rear of the car and then I think we are done.

So we will have these for sale in the next week or so.........

Highlights:
- 321 stainless steel 3 inch tubing

- Mandrel bent S-pipe

- 3 inch straight-through Race Series muffler. This muffler significantly reduces DB levels without any loss in performance. The Race series features a stainless steel body, end caps and perforated core, and even stainless weld bead

- 3 inch double wall rolled-round-angle cut polished stainless steel tip
(very Porsche looking)

- SS V-Band option available (non factory flange)

- SS flat band clamp for added security

- Water Jet cut flange (stock fit)

- Water Jet cut copper gasket

- Water Jet cut adjustable hanger

- All mounting hardware

- Big reduction in weight over stock unit

Sound clip -
http://www.powerwerks.net/pw_exhaust.mp3

I will post more sound and video soon.

Additionally, dyno results / pages will be posted shortly.

Cheers,
Paul R
Attached Images         

Quick Reply: Any News on Powerwerks new product range