Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need help with stumbling-under-boost

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005 | 01:53 PM
F18Rep
Three Wheelin'

Default Need help with stumbling-under-boost

I have been following your collective advise over the past couple of weeks in hopes of getting my 951 to run a little better. After the belts and waterpump, I've resealed my throttle body, corrected a problems with my TPS (lid blowing off), and just yesterday found vacuum leaks in the temp switch and the BOV.
The BOV SHOULD hold a vacuum at the small fitting at the top, right?. Mine doesn't so I'm thinking I need a new one, please confirm.

Second, I'm satisfied that my 02 sensor is working (what a pain to tap into that circuit) , at least it is active and seems to generally be outputting correct voltage levels. But in an acceleration run, I notice that right about the time I reach 14 lbs of boost, I can feel a definate drop in power with a stumbling/missing. Its like a switch has been thrown. A quick look at my O2 voltage in this scenario has it high ~.85 vdc (rich). If I let off of the throttle just a tiny bit, the boost drops and the power comes right back up.

Would be interested in your suggestions for a BOV and for my stumbing under boost problem. Cheers...Bruce
Old 01-09-2005 | 01:55 PM
F18Rep
Three Wheelin'

Oh, forgot to mention that I have plugged the vacuum control line for the BOV.
Old 01-09-2005 | 02:06 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Get a new BOV, then see if problem still exist.
Old 01-09-2005 | 02:08 PM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

My first guess, based on personal experience, is that you have a vacuum leak.
Remove the airbox and AFM, find a way to plug the J-boot opening and air feed source (2"npt pipe cap w/ air-fitting) and pressurize with about 10psi and listen for leaks. Replace offending parts.
HTH
J

Quick Reply: Need help with stumbling-under-boost